Friday, January 09, 2009

What a good future wifey I am

Even though it's not a gym day, I got up early and drove FH to work so he wouldn't have to get up extra early to head down and find parking (no on-base parking unless you've got like 15 years service...LAME). So I'm getting an early start on work (and blogging!) and should be able to fit in my planned Shred workout before heading back to pick him up at lunchtime (lucky bugger gets off early).

Yesterday I went to the gym at the end of my work day. FH didn't realize that I wanted to go in the afternoon so he didn't come home with the car until around 4:00. Let me just say that 5:00 at the gym is NOT my favorite thing! When I walked in absolutely every single piece of cardio equipment was taken...and there are a lot of machines. Thankfully while I was changing a few people finished up so I was able to grab a treadmill like I wanted. Nothing more annoying than having a game plan and being foiled by the machine of choice being unavailable.

I did a 5 minute walking incline warm-up, then 15 minutes of intervals (2 minutes running @ 5.5, 1 minute walking @ 3.5), and finished up with another 5 minute incline walk. I was sweating like crazy. Then did lower body strength training: leg press, calf raises, squats and walking lunges. Completed the session with three sets of different crunches and 5 minutes on the Stairmaster....and stretching of course.

Yesterday was also completely on plan! Another pink smiley face for me. That's 4 days down. Oh, and that oatmeal I had yesterday was freaking fantastic. The vanilla Almond Breeze and tsp of coconut really gave it flavor and sweetness. Now I see what all the hub-bub is about!

Today's menu:

- 1/2 apple with natural PB
- coffee with splooooosh of eggnog
- another tasty dish of real oatmeal, same as yesterday minus the chocolate chips (don't need them!)
- watermelon
- ww wrap with deli turkey, light cheddar, tomatoes, honey mustard
- carrots and hummus
- dinner will be some sort of pasta concoction using the leftover turkey sausages last night, maybe some leafy greens and goat cheeeeeese
- being Friday maybe some sort of Flex treat, or maybe just ff vanilla yogurt & berries

(approx 24 points) Pin It

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

Haha, you're a great future wifey! :-D

Mom of Two Boys said...

Sounds like you had a great workout!

I am so not a fan of going to the gym in January... It is SO busy!!!

Tiffa said...

I both hate and love mornings! Love them after I get my coffee... but hate them before :P You can be so productive when you wake up early. I have yet to make it to the gym this year for that exact reason of craziness. Been running outside so it's better than nothin'

Jen said...

I bet he's glad he snagged you!!! (at least he'd better be *shakes fist at FH just in case*)

Glad you finally joined the "Oatmeal club"!!!

Funny, your workouts always inspire me to workout!!! (maybe I am just a copycat ;p)

carla said...

you ARE a good future wifey.
and today I need to be a good PRESENT one.
12 year anniv. here.
damn time flies.

Miz.

Angela Power said...

You ARE a great wifey (awwwww WIFEY!!!)

You're sooo back on track!