Saturday, April 12, 2008

Gym Recap & Saturday Menu

For the first time since I started my "gym journey" (it's been well over a month now...time flies...) I had to talk myself into going this morning. I just wasn't feeling it. But I knew once I got there I would be fine, and I was right. :) What was I going to do at home anyway? Nothing constructive I'm sure!

Treadmill: C25K - Week 4, Day 3
- 5 minute warm up
- 3:00 run/1:30 recover/5:00 run/2:30 recover/3:00 run/1:30 recover/5:00 run
- 5 minute cooldown
- runs at 5.7mph, walking at 3.9mph

This run takes too long for the treadmill (about 31 mins), but no one was waiting today, so I just stopped during my final recovery and reset the machine so it wouldn't kick into cooldown. Today was 2.6 miles total...looking good!! I have no doubt that by week nine I'll be running the whole 5km (3.11 miles) in about 30 minutes. I hope!

3 full sets strength training. Upped my weight for the leg press again, and upped my weight finally for the ab machine. I think I'll be able to up it for the deltoid press this week too.

Elliptical:
- all over the place.... I was playing with the settings to see if I could really feel it in the muscle groups the indicator said I should be working. I have to say that mostly I could feel it in my quads...which is annoying because I'm really aiming to target my gluts, hams, & calves.
- 25 mins total

Sucked back a full litre of water and wished I had thought to pack a back up bottle. Oh well, such is life. (I hate the water from the gym taps...gross!)

(6 AP)

Today I'm eating:

pre-gym: 1/2 cup Kashi Crunch w/ chopped strawberries and 1/2 cup vanilla Almond Breeze
post-gym: SB double tall vanilla non-fat latte & 1/2 SB chocolate chip cookie (so sue me!)
- fruit salad (1/4 cup chopped orange, 1/4 cup blackberries, 1/2 cup strawberries) w/ 1/2 cup ff Lemon Parfait yogurt
- PC BM cinnamon raisin bagel w/ RSF Becel
- dinner TBD, but DBF is sick again (hmmm...going out drinking last night maybe not so wise!) and would like pizza, so I might try the Veggie Edge w/ pineapple from Pizza Hut. (I'm thinking freeze the leftovers for yummy lunches....)
- probably some sort of evening snack later on....

15+dinner/22+6AP
Pin It

3 comments:

Christina said...

wow what an amazing workout, you deserve that cookie at Starbucks :)
Have a great Saturday

Jen said...

I was the SAME way after a month at the gym!!! I just had to FORCE myself to go (but I still did!)

AND I do the same with my veggie edge, I ALWAYS add pineapple (in place of onions though!!)

JavaChick said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog and adding me to your blogroll. :)

Some days it's hard to get up and get going, but you are right - once you get started you are usually glad that you did. Sounds like you ended up having a great workout.