Saturday, April 12, 2008

Friday Night

DBF ended up feeling better after he got home from work and had a little nap, so dinner carried on as originally planned....BBQ burgers! (haha, can you tell we LURVE our new BBQ....that's 5 days this week I think...) I made them with extra lean ground beef, a few (by few, I mean maybe a tablespoon) breadcrumbs, Italian Seasoning, and a packet of McCormick's SuperBurger mix. That stuff rocks! Makes a super tasty burger without the added calories of an egg or anything like that. Sprinkled them with a little Montreal steak spice and topped with a fat free Kraft single. Yum!! Served on these yummy whole wheat buns from the bulk section at Sobey's bakery with mustard, relish, tomatoes, red onion and lettuce. Who needs a restaurant?!!

I had originally planned to just grab some potato salad or something from the grocery store deli, but seeings as those salads are never all that good (or good for you!) I opted for a pre-made spinach salad instead. We shared it, so we each got a taste of the bacon and boiled egg and I gave DBF most of the cheese. I topped mine with some low-fat ranch dressing we had in the fridge.

Later in the evening, we met a couple of friends downtown for a few drinks. I opted to drive so there would be no extra drinkies for me. :) I stuck with my trusty vodka & soda and we had a fab ole time. Home and in bed at a reasonable hour too...shocking! Pin It

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man, those burgers sound sooo good! :)

Amy said...

Sounds like a delicious meal!

Hey, I'm not trying to rain on your running parade... and maybe you are a super fast runner... but 20 mins for 5k is crazy fast. My fastest 5k ever has been 26 mins... and my first 5k was 36 mins. :)