Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Timesavers

Eating real food all day, every day is a ton of work!  I now understand why so many people comment that their second or third Whole30 experiences were better than their first.  It’s because they finally figured out that meal planning, careful shopping, a stocked pantry and fridge, and a bigger grocery budget are the keys!

IMG_3893

Being OK with repeating meals for a few days is truly a big thing, especially if you are like me and generally just cooking for one person.  By week two, I knew that if I kept endeavouring to keep things interesting I would never get out of the kitchen!  So I did what I always do when faced with trouble…put on my thinking cap and got some planning done! 

Tricks that saved my life during W30…

  • bake 4-5 yams on Sunday evening.
  • boil at least a half dozen eggs on Sunday evening.
  • every time veggies are being chopped, chop extra.
  • grill up extra chicken sausages while using the BBQ on the weekend.
  • pre-washed spinach.
  • fresh fruit, Larabars, raw cashews, dry roasted macadamia nuts, and organic apple chips.

 IMG_3931

  • invest in a few extra food storage containers and a box of freezer bags.
  • spend one night each week making homemade mayo, homemade almond milk, homemade chicken stock, and clarified butter when needed.
  • pre-portion and pack as many breakfasts and lunches as possible at the beginning of the week.
  • batch cook.  chicken soup, bison chili, salmon cakes.
  • rely on canned tuna and bagged salad.

IMG_0584

What are some other good time and money saving tips for a real-food heavy diet?

Pin It

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it will be tasty and no one have to work hard to make it...,

lainaa heti

Unknown said...

This is is a nice collection of the vegetables and foods and you have not work hard to prepare this.


viestilaina