Friday, January 04, 2013

Happy New Year!

Welcome 2013!  IMG_2926

We decided to take it easy this New Year’s Eve.  After hosting two parties during Christmas, we were happy to hang out just the two of us. 

IMG_2957

No designated driver needed.  No dog sitter or overnight bags to pack.  No cab to call.  No dinner reservations.  No uncomfy shoes!

IMG_2925

While I headed to the gym for one extra 2012 workout, Michael headed to the grocery store to get a few treats for our evening.  As I laid on my gym mat doing my final stretches I received a text message…. something about a couple of 3 pound lobsters.  Um, 3 pounds?  Each?  Yowza.

IMG_9009IMG_9012

That’s a lot of lobstah!  We ate the tails and then cracked up the rest to use in the morning. 

IMG_9013

After dinner we embarked on a marathon of Downton Abbey Season One.  Yep, we are 89 years old and that’s how we roll.  What?  We had champagne and shenanigans.

IMG_2947NYEIMG_2955

I don’t know about you party animals, but it was just what I needed to ring in the New Year.  Comfy, cozy, perfect.

IMG_9021

Well, all that and a delicious plate of lobster eggs benedict. Happy New Year!

Chibi NYE

Pin It

4 comments:

Lady J said...

Sounds like a perfect New Year's Eve to me... you and Michael are so cute together. xox

Christy said...

Love it! And love that you made the effort. We were in bed by 9, you talk about being 89 years old...*sigh*

Mis(s)Mannered Mom said...

Sounds perfect to me!!! And WOWZA to the lobster. Yum.

Crystal said...

This is the cutest post ever. Looks like an awesome time. I was asleep on the couch just after 9! Lol! Happy New Year. XO