Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Burning Up

Last week I was enjoying the treadmill so much, I went for an extra day just because.  What’s up with THAT?!  I’ll take it.

IMG_3027

I’m sure it had something to do with wanting to play with my new toy.  I finally bit the [midnight internet shopping] bullet and bought myself a Polar Heart Rate Monitor.  Call it a belated Christmas prezzie to myself!

IMG_3032

How could I resist a pink cutie like this?  I mean, come on! 

Polar

It’s so nice to finally have an accurate calorie count for my workouts…makes it so much easier to log and meal plan.  I also really enjoy watching my heart rate and planning my cardio days for low vs high intensity.  Totally worthwhile gadget!

So here we are a full month into my new gym membership and workout routine.  Yesterday was the very first day where a planned workout was foiled and I actually got grumpy about it.  My gym time is precious and I don’t like it being taken away!  I did everything in my power to get my make-up session today.  500 calories, take that!

Workout_progressIMG_2813

Oddly, I think I look thinner on Day One.  I blame my stance. :)

Happy thoughts for this week:

  • There’s always another time for a missed workout.
  • I lost another pound.
  • Hummus was on sale.
  • I burn more calories than the gym equipment told me.
  • Our vacation is just 16 days away.
Pin It

5 comments:

JavaChick said...

Good job Jaime, sounds like things are going great! So you like the Polar HR monitor? You find it easy to use and it does what you want? Every once in a while I toy with the idea of getting one, but I don't know what to get!

Angela Power said...

Is this your first HRM?!?!?! I'm shocked! I got the FT690 I think? I have no idea what the differences are, but it has the capability for a cadence & GPS add on. Does yours do that too?

Jaime said...

I do like it! It counts calories which is the main thing I wanted. I like the accuracy. I'm still learning about my heart rate and where it should be, etc.

Jaime said...

I got one in Halifax but I got the wrong one so I returned it and never got around to getting another one. This one was a total impulse buy but I don't regret it at all. It doesn't have the mileage capabilities or options yours had but I'm ok with that because I don't generally do outdoor workouts.

Unknown said...

Treadmill is great for weight loss, as well as for warming up before the basic training. I don't like it but I force myself to do it. In the beginning I was suffering from the lack of endurance on the treadmill, but not until I've started taking Military Grade supplements. Their pre-workouts are awesome. They give me quick boost of energy and enhance my physical capacities. I am gaining muscle and strength, my workouts are becoming more intensive and my shape is improving steadily.