Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Cookie Butter Cookies

I’m currently on a self-imposed ‘cookie-free diet’.  So it’s a little weird that I’m choosing this time to be posting a new cookie recipe for you guys.

IMG_8618

But you know what? A girl’s gotta do some things just because she’s nice like that.  I leave you guys hanging for days and days with nothing delicious to drool over so sometimes I just have to make it up to you.

Truth be known, I made these cookies over a month ago and they disappeared so fast my scale never knew what hit it.  I guess I finally found my favourite way to use Trader Joe’s infamous Cookie Butter. 

IMG_8585

These were the perfect spicy little alternative to a regular peanut butter cookie.  My intention was actually to use almond butter but when I opened my cupboard and found the Cookie Butter staring at me, I knew what to do.

IMG_8598

It’s slightly odd to use a butter made of cookies to make cookies, but hey man…whatever works! :)

IMG_8605

Cookie Butter Cookies

adapted from How Sweet it Is Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies

yields a baker’s dozen

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup Cookie Butter/Speculoos
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/3 cup flour
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Cream butter, Cookie Butter and both sugars together until fluffy.
  3. Add egg and vanilla, mixing until combined.
  4. Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined.
  5. Add chocolate chips.  Mix to combine.
  6. Drop tablespoon-sized dough balls on a baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookie bottoms begin to brown.  Let cool on rack.

IMG_8615

The perfect combination of crispy outside and chewy inside. 

IMG_8621

Get a glass of milk or a cup of hot tea and get to work!  Enjoy.

Pin It

2 comments:

Christy said...

Yay! I have 2 jars of this. One because I was so intrigued and the second because Matt decided we needed a backup since it was so tasty. I do find it overly sweet so I've been looking for a recipe to incorporate it into! :)

Anonymous said...

If you think that stuff is good, try Biscoff spread. It is seriously crack-like.