Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Edamame “Hummus”

I know, I know.  I’ve all but disappeared.  Two jobs will do that to a blog.

It’s all I can do even remember eat breakfast, let alone remember to take a photo.  Don’t worry, you probably don’t need to see the same photos of yogurt and granola over and over again.  Although, come to think of it…I do have a granola recipe to re-try and share.

But for now I want to share this super easy dip I made last weekend.  I had a bag of frozen edamame needing to vacate my messy freezer so I decided it was high time I tried my hand at Edamame Hummus.

IMG_8557

I’ve seen this concoction mentioned many times on the internet and in various magazines but I’ve never managed to save any of those recipes.  A quick internet search led me to realize I didn’t need a recipe.  Just a food processor and a few shakes of this and that did the job!

IMG_8556

Edamame “Hummus”

yields one heaping cup

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup thawed shelled edamame
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • pinch of sea salt and black pepper
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 2 tbsp chopped green or red onion, or chives

Directions:

  1. Add edamame, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper to food processor.  Process until coarsely chopped. 
  2. Scrape sides and add olive oil.  Process until combined.  Add a little water if mixture seems dry.
  3. Add onion and process just to combine.
  4. Serve with an additional drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of salt.

IMG_1733

We ate ours up with lime tortilla chips and a side of salty olives.  This would also be deeeeelish on rice crackers, bagel chips, or with veggie sticks.  Or how about an Asian-fusion thing involving grilled chicken and a soft wheat tortilla?  Oh yes.

Try it.  You’ll love it.  Promise.

Pin It

1 comment:

Unknown said...

we DO LOVE IT here.
and take care of you.
we can wait ;)

MizFit