Wednesday, August 01, 2012

A Day Behind and a New Salad

WIAT_July31

Working two jobs that involve staring at computers all day just might take a toll on my poor little blog!  I’m a day behind! 

1. Coffee with almond milk.  One for home, one to go.

2. Big Green Smoothie:  banana, blueberries, spinach, vanilla protein powder, flax, ice, UVAB and water.

3. Yummy yummy salad.

4. Ciabatta with tomatoes and avocado.

5. Vanilla Greek yogurt with Kashi Honey Almond Flax.

6. Stir-fry with Chinese eggplant, broccoli, tofu and Thai stir-fry sauce.

7. York peppermint patty.

8. Pina Colada Star Pop.

IMG_8226

For the time being it’s been easiest to pack a salad for my lunches on the run.  I can stuff the container and a fork in my purse and chow down at my desk at Job #2.  I’m only working part-time there for the first month so no lunch breaks for this girl.

I let myself get sucked in by a commercial and bought a bottle of Kraft Mandarin and Sesame Dressing last week so this week’s salads have been built to go with that. 

  • mixed lettuces
  • baby spinach
  • cucumber
  • fresh shucked English peas
  • garden fresh strawberries
  • goat cheese
  • grilled chicken breast

I’ve kind of lost the taste for store-bought dressings but used lightly on top of this mix of deliciousness, it’s a pretty damn tasty salad!

Pin It

No comments: