Monday, March 19, 2012

Motivated Madness

Well folks…I have to come clean and admit here that I had another kind of crumby week as far as March Madness goes.  For the second week in a row I missed a few workouts and I let it get to me.  I had a couple of down days and a busy day that messed up my schedule and I let that make me feel like I had failed.

It’s totally dumb because I really didn’t fail at all.  I just didn’t bust it out of the park. 

SO WHAT?!  Stupid guilt.  I still had three pretty great workouts!

Monday – upper body strength training and quick cardio…

IMG_0236

Tuesday – totally just didn’t want to go to the gym, so took a walk to the park.  Lots of outdoor bootcampers braving the chilly air!

IMG_0237 (8)

Wednesday – decided to work at night to make time to fit in my lower body workout…

IMG_0237 (19)

Thursday – super “blaaaahhh" day…just could not make time for the gym and a was grump all day.  Noticing the blossoms during a quick dog walk helped.

IMG_0237 (21)

Friday – decided to be two hours late going to Michael’s so I could try out my new shoes and get in a cardio session…

IMG_0237 (40)

There was no way I was going into St. Patrick’s Day festivities without a bit of a burn the night before! “Will run for beer” comes to mind!

IMG_0237 (43)

We had a great weekend celebrating, hanging out with friends and family, eating yummy Chinese take-out and Sunday brunch, and just chilling out all day yesterday.  It was just what I needed to brush the slate clean and wake-up this morning feeling renewed and motivated.

I’m armed with a new workout plan for the week, a meal plan, fresh groceries and a good attitude.  It also helps that my back seems to have mended itself!  March Madness is Motivated!

Anyone else hit a rut in your workout mojo recently? Does an injury set you back?  Hit you hard mentally or emotionally?

Pin It

1 comment:

Rida said...

It seems everybody has an opinion on motivation. Talk to any human resource generalist, business leader, or manager and you’ll find a person who has given a great deal of thought to this concept. Whether elaborate or complex, people naturally look for what moves or drives others to action. Heparin here