Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Life Notes

** My submission for the #CanadianBloggerSeries has been posted over on Heidi’s blog.  Go check out my slightly over-the-top praise for Victoria.  :)  Oh, and my favourite self-portrait of all time.

** In writing that I realized that I never did tell you about last week’s post for the series.  Doh.  Rose from The Healthy Hipster wrote about healthy living in Toronto.  Who knew it could be such a pain in the azz?!

** There are currently six kinds of chocolate treats in my house.  Amazingly none of them seem to be calling my name or creating a binge.

chocolate

** My body is definitely feeling yesterday’s workout.  So glad today is just a cardio day!

** Last night I completely stuck to my grocery list and except for tomatoes and onions, everything else I bought was on sale.  I LOVE when that happens.

** Thanks to that sale I have cottage cheese and kiwis in the house.  I imagine this will be my pre-gym snack every day this week.

IMG_5918

** Tonight’s chicken strip recipe calls for Corn Flake Crumbs.  Those bad boys are $5.99 a box!  For a weeeeee box.  No way!  Instead, for $3.99 I got this jumbo box of store-brand corn flakes which I will gladly portion out and smash myself.  :) 

IMG_5917

** I am already looking forward to Friday because I’m having a couple of my besties over to watch Breaking Dawn and eat tasty movie snacks. 

** I’m not really looking forward to Saturday because I’ve promised myself it is the day I will move my furniture and finish painting those damn baseboards.

What is your favourite at-home movie watching snack?

What else can I do with my excess of corn flakes?

Pin It

2 comments:

Chef Heidi Fink said...

I used to have a really good recipe for cornflake cookies - I'll see if I can dig it up.
And my favourite movie-watching snack is homemade peanut buster parfaits! :)

Anonymous said...

jamie! I have never thought of a kiwi cottage cheese mixture! Probably because the majority of the time I eat my cottage cheese savoury, but I will have to try it with kiwi now :)

Thanks, babe xo