Monday, February 13, 2012

February Shape-Up

This past week marked my return to strength training…using the always amazing Fitnessista’s Winter Shape-Up 2012 Workout.  Including a new-to-me yoga class, this meant 5 trips to the gym…and I really enjoyed every minute!

23_WSU_Wk1

On Monday I posted this as my “before” shot.  I suppose I should have said my “starting over” shot as this really isn’t about losing weight (although it would be a nice side effect to lose a few of the pounds I gained whilst being injured and/or lazy) but more about firming things up, getting back to my happy healthy routine, and just feeling good overall.

I wish I had thought to take more measurements when I started back to the gym in January…all I documented was waist and hips (if my measurements are accurate I’ve lost 2 inches around my waist!!).  I can tell by this photo that the treadmilling has helped though…that gap wasn’t there between my thighs before Christmas. :)

24_Before

Monday – WSU Wk #1, Day #1 – light weights, fewer sets, extra cardio.

Tuesday – cardio time…

25_gym_shoes

Wednesday – WSU Wk #1, Day #2 – more sets, better form…

{tabata skipping is no joke!}

26_jump_rope

Bonus:  extra walk with the pupper to shake off that workout…

27_dog_walk

Thursday – return to yoga.  I was stiff for three days but it felt so good to get back to it!

Friday – WSU Wk #1, Day #3 – best form yet, stronger sets, better tabata and HIIT…

28_strength

Saturdays are rest days and Sundays are for walks with Michael and the dogs.  The weather yesterday was gross so we opted for a couple of soggy laps around the dog park and a healthy Sunday dinner.

What I learned:  I HATE tricep dips.  I cannot do a proper in-and-out jump.  7.5 on the treadmill is justabout tooooo fast for me.  I don’t know where bent-over flys have been all my life but I lurve them.

How goes your #FitFeb?  Any fun programs/workouts/classes?

Pin It

No comments: