Saturday, December 24, 2011

Occasional Eats

You know how there are some recipes you only bring out for certain occasions?  And you know how Christmas is loaded with those special recipes?  And you know how every year when you break out those recipes you wonder why you only make this stuff once a year?

You do?  Good.

That means you understand why I was excited to make a batch of my Smoked Salmon Dip for a holiday party last weekend.  And you understand why I actually grinned when I bought the salmon.  And you understand why I kept a heaping dish of the dip for myself instead of taking it all to the party.

Do me a favour.  If you happen to make this (and you really should!) any time other than Christmas, please invite me over.

IMG_3837

Other seasonally Christmas treats and eats:

Aside from the obvious turkey and trimmings, what are your favourite foods that only come around once a year?

IMG_5069

Happy Christmas Eve everyone!!

Pin It

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

So, I've been looking for the perfect dip to serve on NYE...THIS.