Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas in Collage

This year my family decided not to exchange gifts…except for me and my Mom.  Clearly I like songs, TV and kitchen stuff. :)

gifties

My uncle did contribute gifts in the form of reprints of pictures of my Grandparents in honour of my Grandfather who passed away recently.

Grandma and Grandpa got married in 1949.  Love this photo.

IMG_5267

Then we spent 457 hours preparing dinner and 4.57 minutes eating it.

IMG_5241

Our traditional family Christmas dinner:

  • 15lb turkey
  • bread and sausage stuffing
  • gravy
  • the best mashed potatoes in the world (!)
  • smashed carrots and rutabega
  • Brussels sprouts
  • Nana’s Cabbage Salad
  • cranberry sauce (from a can…shhhhh!)

xmas_dinner

Don’t worry.  The pumpkin pie gets in my belly right.now.

Pin It

4 comments:

TobyLauren said...

Holy wow! That looks like dinner round here. Thanks for sharing!

carla said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Vanessa said...

That photo of your grandparents is quite the keepsake. Love it!

Jessica said...

That's funny! We do a carrot and turnip mash!