Monday, August 29, 2011

Love from Austin

What a lovely way to start my weekend.  On Friday I popped over to the post office to pick up a package I had missed delivery of.  I just knew it was a much anticipated package from Janna!

IMG_2573

Lookie here…another Starbucks City Mug for my ever expanding collection!  (My cupboard is totally overflowing!!)

IMG_2574

She also tracked down the Carrot Cake Larabars for me because apparently new flavours take a bazillion years to come to Canada.  (If anyone has the elusive Blueberry Pie Larabars, pleeeeeeaze hook a girl up!)

IMG_2575

Literary Love!  I had been tweeting my little heart out about how I cannot get The Help for my Kindle (yet another weird Canadian phenom) and the library waiting list is like six years long.  So instead of trotting out to buy the paperback Janna sent me her copy (which I will then pass along when I’m done) and also Little Bee because she’s certain I will love it.  :)

IMG_2576

I’m already on chapter 6 of The Help…loving it…and will probably plow through the entire book this week.

IMG_2577

As if that wasn’t enough already she also threw in this totally adorable ceramic travel mug from World Market.  I already sipped my Saturday morning coffee from it while walking the dogs with Michael.  In fact, it’s so cheery maybe I’ll make it my permanent dog walking mug.  :)

Thanks Janna girl!!  Love everything.  You are a sweetheart.  xox

Pin It

6 comments:

Janna said...

I had a lot of fun getting that together...can't believe I let that mug sit around here for months before I mailed it off...

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on both books :)

Have a great week!

Shirls said...

nice goodies, your a lucky girl!
weird about The Help, I read it on on my Kindle app on the ipad, just went to the amazon kindle store, downloaded and read it.. was no big deal at all to get. its such a great book your going to love it. I'm hesitant on seeing the movie cause I don't want it to wreck the book for me

janette said...

Weird about The Help, I am in Calgary and I had no problem downloading my copy straight to my computer.

Cowgirl Warrior said...

I got a Kobo because the Stieg Larson books weren't on Kindle. Also got The Help on Kobo.

Jessica said...

I just finished The Help this weekend - great book! Definitely one you want to plow through!

As a side note - my first job was at a World Market! I spent two great years there in high school.

sarah said...

The Help was great!! Loved it. Couldn't put it down. I just sent you a tweet, but I can get you the Blueberry Pie Lara Bars. They have them at Whole Foods here.