Monday, June 27, 2011

Fernwood Bites

IMG_1125IMG_1126

Every Sunday should come complete with a neighbourhood foodie festival.  Particularly one with individual Charelli’s cheese trays, beet salad from La Piola (website not working), and mini strawberry rhubarb pies from Paprika Bistro (almost makes up for the mediocre experience I had in the actual restaurant). 

IMG_1108

I was so busy eating, drinking and chatting my way through cute little Fernwood Square that I really had next to no time for photo ops.  And you know what?  I’m OK with that.  :)

IMG_1109IMG_1112IMG_1118

Letting my camera sit idle left more time to enjoy chitchat with the lovely lady at Moon Under Water, and more time for sneaking extra blackberry cassis truffles from Spinnakers while they poured my peach Hefeweizen, and even more time for seeking out friends in the crowd.

IMG_1115IMG_1116IMG_1113

These creamy little tarts from Wildfire were the highlight of the night for me.  They were clearly a crowd favourite as they were all gone when my friends tried to go try one for themselves. 

IMG_1117

Aside from being a wee bit of an elbow room it was a perfect little foodie event.  So much delicious food to choose from…I couldn’t have dreamed of trying everything.  My waistline thanks me.  I suppose I’ll just have to go back next year and see if I can catch the things I missed this time around.  Oh darn!

Pin It

No comments: