Sunday, May 29, 2011

PB + Chocolate + Bacon

IMG_0322

Yup.  Hidden ingredient.  I die.

I take no credit.  I give props.  And photos.  So you’ll die too.

Head on over to How Sweet It Is and share in my joy at Jessica’s brainchild of a cookie. 

Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Candied Bacon

First you start with her Cinnamon Sugared Bacon.  WHAT?  Yup.

IMG_0234IMG_0235IMG_0238IMG_0249IMG_0252

Make extra so you can eat it.  If you only make enough for the cookie recipe you’ll just have to make more, so save yourself the hassle.

When you finally have four cooled pieces you can melt the chocolate for step two.

IMG_0260

Too much chocolate?  Ha!  No such thing.  Just keep dipping & drizzling.

IMG_0261

Go out with a friend while the chocolate covered bacon cools and hardens.  If you stay home, it will never happen.  Nom.

IMG_0283

For step three get out the oh-so-unnatural sugary peanut butter.

IMG_0276IMG_0285

Let cool.  Dive in.  Soft, crumbly deliciousness.  Melt in your mouth peanut buttery, chocolately, savoury yumminess.  (No overwhelming bacon, just extra salty tastiness…a little je ne sais quoi.)

IMG_0330IMG_0327

Save some for your friends.  These are the kind of cookies that will earn return favours and treats.  I die.  You die.  They die.

Then everyone comes back to life for more cookies.

IMG_0326

You can do it.  I promise. 

Pin It

4 comments:

Orionbelt24 said...

I don't know, J. I am a huge bacon lover, a huge chocolate lover and a huge peanut butter lover but all together...I just don't know.

Speaking of bacon...Hubby is procuring some Bacon Jam for me next weekend!

Unknown said...

uhm wow. i've had pb & bacon, but with chocolate AND in a cookie? must. try...

rorabee said...

Proof that everything is better with bacon.

rusty61 said...

Oooh, those sound amazing!