Monday, April 25, 2011

Dinner from the EdGe

IMG_9278

Coffeeeeeeeee.

Smooooothieeeeee.

IMG_9265

In the KA:  ice, 1/2 banana, 2 cups spinach, flax meal, Amazing Grass, vanilla soy milk.  It never gets old.

I’d like to welcome bacon back to the menu. 

IMG_9267

BLT wrap with Dijon and olive oil mayo.  Veggie strips on the side.

IMG_9272

Apple and cheeeeeese…

IMG_9276

Aussie crack cookies…

IMG_9279

After my glorious visit to Sooke Harbour House I decided to stop at The EdGe Restaurant in Sooke for lunch on my way home.  Owner Edward was the head chef at SHH for many years until just a couple of years ago he left so he and his wife could open their own place.

Fresh, local comfort food is how I would describe the menu.  They raise their own pigs!  So I had the pulled pork sandwich on ciabatta.  To.die.for.  Completely worth an afternoon or Saturday drive for lunch!

IMG_1545

In addition to their fresh and tasty menu they also sell their own house made charcuterie and pork sausages.  When I found out these sausages sold in 5-packs for only $10 I made sure to bring some home. :) 

IMG_9285

Tonight seemed like a good night to grill one up.  Deeeeeeelish!

Roasted Brussels sprouts…with olive oil, coarse salt, pepper & paprika.

IMG_9281

Baked fries…russet potato, canola oil, and sea salt.

IMG_9283

All together now!  The sausage was quite large so I only ate half.

IMG_9287IMG_9288IMG_9290

So incredibly juicy, slightly spiced, and full of flavour.  Nom.

IMG_9292

Liberte yogurt makes a return to the household (finally found Svelt…and at a reasonable price!)…

IMG_9294

With raspberries and Kashi.

IMG_9296

Chibi and I would like to thank everyone that has sent their well wishes over the last few days.  It turns out the poor girl picked herself up a parasite and had Giardia.  Thankfully she didn’t really seem to know she was sick…except for you know….the excessive potty walks.

IMG_9303

I finally got almost a full night’s sleep last night and it was glorious.

Unfortunately I still fell asleep on the couch after work today and missed my opportunity to finally get back to the gym.  Gah.  Oh well, clearly I needed it.

Pin It

No comments: