Thursday, April 28, 2011

Coffee Talk

IMG_9327

Not being able to face another day of weak instant coffee (even if it is VIA it’s just not real coffee to me) I trekked on over to the mall for a cup of bold to start the day yesterday.

Sitting through my weekly teleconference without coffee would have been torture!  (See below for how you can help me avoid this happening again.)

Breakfast was quickly prepared while my headset was on mute. :)

IMG_9323

Liberte Svelt vanilla yogurt with 1/2 banana, 6 almonds, hemp hearts and chia seeds.  Light but totally delicious.

Last week I bought some chicken to boil for Chibi’s upset tummy.  Turns out it didn’t matter what she ate so I had leftover chicken to use up.  I grilled it up the other night and turned it into chicken salad for lunch yesterday.

IMG_9329

Nom nom nom.  All stirred up with green onions, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, olive oil mayo, Dijon, and dill.  Rolled up with lettuce and light Laughing Cow.

IMG_9330

Afternoon snackeroo was cooooookies…which apparently went straight into my piehole before getting photographed.

The evening was dedicated to catching up on a few more episodes of The Walking Dead now that my friend Ray is back from his vacation.  Always the great dinner guest he arrived with crusty rolls and flowers. :)

IMG_9343

And took on my role as food paparazzi while I cooked.

IMG_9332IMG_9334

“Fancy” hot dogs for dinner.  Those yummy, fresh Sooke pork sausages from The EdGe…grilled up and served on the crusty rolls with old white cheddar and condiments of choice.

IMG_9335

I like ketchup, mustard and a smidge of mayo.

IMG_9337

Salad and baked fries (potato & yam) on the side.

IMG_9338

We made it through episodes 4 & 5 before calling it a night.  Only one episode left!!  Hopefully there’s a Season Two peeking around the corner soon.

After he left I was feeling snacky and grabbed an Altaulfo mango from the fruit bowl.  I don’t even generally care much for mangos, but after learning about this Philippino variety I am a little bit addicted. So deeelish!

IMG_9340

And now…a very important question for my coffee loving friends…

As you know my coffee maker bit the dust the other day.  As you also know this is a TRAGEDY around here.  It owed me nothing so instead of trying to repair the old gal I’m shopping for a new caffeine maker.

Via Airmiles (ie: FREE coffee maker!) my choices are as follows:

Do any of you have one of these? 

OR… I can just cough up some of my hard earned money and buy something at the store (and use those Airmiles for something else…food processor?  espresso machine?).

OR… Tiffaney has a very nice coffee maker she has generously offered to lend me because she never uses it (how is that possible?!) but with the amount of coffee I make I just think I should have my own.

What the heck should I do?  Opinions please! :)

Pin It

5 comments:

Alexis_foodfunfit said...

I don't drink coffee but I love the hot water one - I've never seen that before.

Unknown said...

I like the Kitchen Aid option (the last one listed).

Amy said...

haha... you're adorable with your coffee maker seeking methods. :)

I love those mangoes too, especially when they are super ripe... they taste like caramel!

JavaChick said...

I have a Cuisinart Grind & Brew. While I miss the carafe from my old Krups machine (it was much nicer) I am pretty happy with my Grind & Brew Coffee Maker. It's noisy when it's grinding the beans, but fresh ground coffee is worth it, no? I do like not having to bother with measuring out the coffee every day; one less thing to deal with as I blunder around the kitchen first think in the morning.

Mine came with one of those reusable coffee filters, but I find they let a fair amount of sediment through and I don't like having to clean the thing, so I went back to using paper filters and that works just fine. You do have to clean out the grinder every now and then or it will get clogged with coffee grounds; supposedly it comes with a little brush for that purpose but I seem to be missing mine.

Bottom line: it gives me tasty coffee, therefore I am happy.

Michelle said...

A friend of mine has the Delonghi and she is not happy with the thermal carafe and said if she could do it over again, she'd get one with the element because the carafe really doesn't keep it hot for long. If you're the type to go back for another cup in an hour, you may be disappointed. I don't know anything about the others.

Hehe - I'm kind of hoping my current coffee maker kicks the bucket so I have an excuse to buy a new one :)