Monday, February 28, 2011

Homesauce

IMG_7441

I’ve mentioned before that my most visited recipe is Healthy Broccoli Soup…but the recipe people tell me love the most is Sweet Potato, Spinach and Chicken Enchiladas. Since everyone else seems to like them so much I figured it was high time I made them again!  So onto the meal plan they went and last night I whipped up a batch.

Before we get to those though, here’s the rest of the boring stuff I ate today. :)

IMG_7455

Cottage cheese, fresh berries, walnuts…

IMG_7449

Bigass salad!

IMG_7457

In the big silver bowl: red leaf lettuce, red peppers, cucumber, tomatoes, carrots and feta cheese.  Olive oil & balsamic as dressing.  Focaccia on the side.

IMG_7458

Apple and sunflower butter snack…

IMG_7460

Pre-workout snack…Kashi Honey Almond Flax with vanilla soy milk…

IMG_7462

Post workout chow down!  Enchies!!  This batch includes chicken, black beans, steamed spinach and mashed sweet potatoes in ancient grains tortillas.

IMG_7468IMG_7469IMG_7471

All previous incarnations of my enchiladas have been made with store bought sauce.  Upon Googling I realized the sauce is actually pretty straight forward so I made my own this time.  The recipe I went with was Emeril’s Easy Enchilada Sauce.

IMG_7435IMG_7437

I came up short on cumin so the sauce is missing a bit of that smoky flavour but I jazzed it up with fresh cilantro and that seemed to work.  Next time I’ll be better prepared with my ingredients!!

IMG_7440

Until then, these beauties will provide delicious dinners and freezer back up. Nom.

Pin It

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh my those enchiladas look & sound absolutely DELISH! Adding to my "to-make" list now!

JavaChick said...

I love enchiladas. Oddly enough, my sisters and I have been making enchiladas ever since I came home with the recipe after making them in a high school home economics class. They were a family favorite and when my baby sister comes to visit we often make them. Of course, now we enjoy them along with a pitcher of margaritas. :)

Wah! I miss my sisters. They are both out west now - baby sis moved to Victoria last summer. She is in East Sookie? I think that's what it's called. She actually mentioned going to the Metchosin Cafe which I remembered seeing on your blog. Small world. :)