Monday, January 31, 2011

Thai at Home

While shopping without a list last night I ended up with some Bolthouse juice in my cart.  Better than winding up with Cheetos in my cart!

IMG_6014

Sipped a glass this morning alongside my yummy new-to-me coffee…straight from Guatemala thanks to a generous Navy friend…

IMG_5973IMG_6011

…and *tears* the last of my delicious Tofino peasant toast with sunflower butter and pomegranate jelly.

IMG_6012

Breakfast and lunch were almost back to back because I got wrapped up in a work call for the billionth time and of course didn’t think to eat before I dialled.  So the toast was followed up an hour later by a much needed bigass salad…

IMG_6018

Featured protein for the big silver bowl today was leftover salmon with capers.  Yum!

IMG_6017IMG_6016

On top of a bed of spinach, carrots, tomatoes and yellow peppers tossed with olive oil, lemon juice, and coarse salt.

IMG_6020

I made all of that hold me over until late evening when Tiffaney and I attended Truly Thai at Home…a basic Thai cooking class by Chef Heidi Fink.  It was so fun, delicious and educational. 

IMG_6060IMG_6065

I will do a full recap for you sometime this week but we sat down to a delicious six course Thai meal…each course prepared by a different pair of students.  Everything was fresh and flavourful and I enjoyed every bite.

IMG_6091

Now quick, someone get me a bowl of coconut sticky rice.  Stat.

Pin It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Thai cooking class sounds awesome! I can't wait to see a recap.

Corinne said...

Looks delicious! I've always wanted to do more Thai cooking at home but never really think it's possible or would turn out as tasty!