Thursday, November 25, 2010

Snow Found

So it appears that the snow I was trying to entice into town last night did arrive.  It just needed a bit of overnight help.

IMG_2683

Technically it is still a work day for me (seeing I did not have to venture out in a vehicle like most of Victoria) but because the majority of my day to day coworkers are American I really only had my daily tasks to perform.  Happy Thanksgiving BTW! :)

I took the opportunity to treat the day a bit like a snow day.

Made a big pot of coffee instead of my usual 1.5 mugs…

IMG_2829

Filled my tummy with toast and almond butter with banana…

IMG_2693

Then set out with my boots, gloves, toque and James Dean for a walk to the park down the street…

IMG_2717IMG_2727IMG_2735IMG_2740IMG_2745IMG_2771IMG_2776IMG_2791

Back in the warmth of my apartment I got a bit of work done then set to pulling the meat from the leftover roasted chicken to make soup.

Soup #1: Corn Chowder with Chicken

Totally cheated using this soup mix I received from Low Fat Kat eons ago…

IMG_2804

Just add water…and some chicken…et voila…lunch!

IMG_2811IMG_2814

Baked up a side of yam chips to go alongside. 

IMG_2816

After lunch I got to work on making the chicken stock for soup #2…

IMG_2820IMG_2824

I saved you from the picture of the chicken carcass.  You are welcome.  Simmered the bare bird, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, rosemary and s&p for four hours.  The house smelled fabulous all day.

While the stock simmered I finished work, ran a load of laundry, snacked on a new Larabar flavour and watched Eat Pray Love.

IMG_2835IMG_2831

During the movie I heated up a Chicken Enchilada from the freezer.

IMG_2841

I don’t know about you guys, but I really enjoyed the movie.  Maybe it’s because I’ve never read the book but I thought it was quite well done!

After the show I got to work on soup #2 but it’s still simmering so the recipe will have to wait until tomorrow.  I think the perfect way to complete this relaxing yet productive snow day is with a couple of hours of reading and maybe a crunchy snack.

IMG_2838

Popchips and Kindle.  Sounds good to me!

Pin It

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved the movie too! I thought it was FANTASTIC and I read the book too!!

Letters to Juliet is super cute too!! Cheeseball ending, but cute!

Laura said...

i can't get through the book but the movie is on it's way & i will watch it.

i loved loved the last snow picture, it's amazeballs!

Amy said...

I've got Eat, Pray, Love on tap for tonight.

With some cheese maybe.

:)