Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Cold Matters

It’s actually been a couple of months now since the nice folks at Thermos reached out to me and asked if I’d like to test out a couple of their coolio water bottles.  I was swimming in a sea of packing, moving, traveling and unpacking but when I came up for air I was glad to take them up on their offer.  We all know my love of getting #waterlogged and reminding everyone else to drink up too!

At the same time this was all going on Thermos Brand was running a social media frenzy on their cold products, including a fun Twitter Party for #ThermosCold where a panel of Cold Matters Coaches got together with the Twitter world to discuss health, fitness and hydration.  During that chat I actually won another Thermos bottle!

So all in all I received THREE brand spanking new water bottles to test out.  Since I am only one gal, and already own a couple of water bottles that I still like to use I decided to part with two of the three Thermos bottles.

IMG_1201

My Mom became the recipient of this awesome Roho Bottle.  She drinks a crazy amount of water, likes to keep it cold, and was going through way too many plastic store-bought bottles of water.

066

Now she can tote this around in her car without wasting plastic!  I love the leak-proof push-button top, sippy spout and integrated handle…very practical and useable!

IMG_1239IMG_1238

I decided to keep the green Intak Bottle for myself because it is durable BPA-free plastic(actually copolyester!) and I love the sippy spout and lockable lid.  Perfect for carting around to yoga without worrying about spillage or making noise with the lid during practice.

IMG_1206IMG_1209

This one is also perfect for #waterlogged challenges because it has this great little rotating counter to let me know how many bottles I’ve consumed that day. 

The third (and honestly, the BEST) Thermos bottle is for you guys.  the stainless steel Insulated Hydration Bottle features TherMax double wall vacuum insulation for maximum temperature retention.

IMG_1713

Those of you that prefer your water icy cold will love this one.  It also has this tres cool hygienic sipper lid with attached lid.  No more dropping your lids or fumbling during workouts.  Excellent.  Another feature is the sweat-proof design…it won’t leave water rings on your table!

IMG_1716IMG_1715IMG_1717

In order to win you can do any of these two things:

1) Leave me a comment telling me what character was on your Thermos as a kid.  I know you had one!  I am fairly certain my soup went to school in a Holly Hobby Thermos.  (Mom, can you confirm that?)  :)

2) Tweet about this giveaway.  Mention @balanceblog (that’s me!) and @ThermosBrand (because they did provide this prize after all!).  Make sure you follow them because they constantly have giveaways and cool information.

Easy peasy, right?

Contest is open to all readers (I’ll be mailing via Canada Post).  One entry per method per person please.  I will use a random number generator to chose the winner on Friday, October 29th, 2010 at 12pm Pacific Standard Time.

Good luck everyone!  Tell all your friends! Pin It

31 comments:

charm73 said...

I don't remember what I had, but my 6 year old is using Batman!

Unknown said...

I had a Cabbage Patch Kid hard top lunch box that was yellow with the two snaps at the front. And...of course a Cabbage Patch kid thermos. I also at one point had a Strawberry Shortcake one. I miss those fun lunch boxes. :)

Jaclyn said...

I totally had Care Bears, and then a girl in grade 1 hit me over the head with my own lunchbox! The nerve.

Melissa said...

I rocked the rainbow-brite thermos, I wish I knew where it was now!

Ingmarie said...

Mine was actually plain red- no pattern if you can believe it. It was often filled with warm wonderful soup. My mom made the best lunches! Can you remember alligators in your soup?

jaime said...

Pretty sure I rocked a Strawberry Shortcake lunchbox and thermos combo back in the day. :)

One Pretty Little Box said...

Ha ha! I had a Tom and Jerry thermos! :) Awww.... I wish they made those for kids like when I was a kid.

Anonymous said...

Definitely had a My Little Pony thermos as a babe :) And you bet I carried it proudly !

Conny Mc said...

I'm so old that I don't think thermos was around LMFAO!!
Seriously I never had a thermos as I always came home for lunch :p

Kristen said...

I don't remember my thermos having a pattern on it. All i remember is it was red.

Christy said...

My lunch box was the Muppets and my thermos had Animal on it, I was so badass back then :P

H-woman said...

I had a red Flintstones lunch kit. My big bro had a blue Star Wars one. I coveted my friend Jen's yellow Sesame Street.

=)

Anonymous said...

The Mystery Machine! I loved the lunchbox and thermos that came with it.

sarah said...

I had several thermoses when I was a kid but the one I really loved the most was my Fox and the Hound one.

Crystal said...

I had the Care Bears on my thermos!! I wish I still had it :(

Shari said...

I had a Holly Hobby thermos in a Jabber Jaws lunch box. We were pretty poor growing up so they were both hand me downs from someone. But I rocked em in style -- non matching and all! :)

Anonymous said...

Care Bears all the way, in a matching lemon-yellow lunchbox. I was, like, 4 and used to sit on the lunchbox while I waited for the bus to go to summer camp.

Ah, the memories!

Isa Urnes said...

I had a Baywatch lunch box - thanks for the reminder...

Mel said...

I think I had a Holly Hobby Thermos too.... didn't we all have that one? I so wanted the my little pony so maybe one day ;)

Unknown said...

i had a smurfs thermos (still have the metal lunchbox. not sure what happened to the thermos...)! also had a peewee's playhouse lunchbox!

Katy said...

Definitely had strawberry shortcake!

Alison Fay said...

I had the same one as livelaughandgrow! Lemon yellow care bears. I loved that thing - my parents still have it in their basement :)

Jessica said...

I don't remember mine having a picture on it but I seem to recall it being that awesome late 70's/early 80's brown. You know the one... that brown that should never, ever, be used again!

Dagne said...

I never had a thermos, always ate lunches provided by the school :)

Kate said...

Mine had the Go-Bots on it (poorer cousins of Transformers). What can I say? I was a bit of a tomboy....

JavaChick said...

I had a Holly Hobby lunch box & thermos. Thanks for making me think of it, it made me smile. :)

Steelheart7 said...

I had Blueberry Muffin. Who was a friend of the ever popular Strawberry Shortcake. See, Blueberry Muffin smelled like blueberries and had brown hair and green eyes .. just like me. So, she was always my favorite.

I thought Strawberry was a tramp. lol. Not really, but I do now. hahahaha. Just kidding.

Nancy R said...

I don't remember having any character designs on my thermos. Way back when I was a kid we had a brown paper bag and a nickel for milk. LOL
Boy have times changed!!!

April Lee said...

I had strawberry shortcake

Kara said...

I had Rainbow Brite, baby! And the Smurfs!

Anonymous said...

As a child of the 70s, I had a blue lunchbox with Barbie on it. Thanks for the memories!