Monday, September 27, 2010

Vegas Rehab

Don’t worry…actual Las Vegas details are coming.  Just waiting until I pool photos with the girls…there were some better shots on their cameras.

Vegas 030

We actually didn’t eat tooooo terribly bad while we were away.  I did manage reasonable breakfasts, a couple of salads, and lots of water.  But we did find our fair share of treats, had some cocktails, and threw our sleep schedule to the wind.

Vegas 031Vegas 032

I still came home sporting a “Vegas belly”, craving fresh produce and hating my scale…sooooo Operation Vegas Rehab is in effect for the week.  Bring on the bigass salads and cardio love!

My souvenir…

IMG_0813

My breakfast…

IMG_0814

It’s oatmeal season.  Today’s pot included: oats, water, UVAB, flax meal, 1/2 frozen banana, fresh blueberries and chopped almonds. 

IMG_0818

My workout…

  • 35 minute treadmill power walk, varying speeds, varying incline.
  • Upper body strength training on bosu and bench.
  • Abs and side abs.

My bigass salad…

IMG_0824

The big silver bowl is back in action: red lettuce, baby spinach, carrots, celery, red onion, strawberry tomatoes, olive oil, white wine vinegar and coarse salt.

IMG_0825

Topped with tuna mixed with olive oil mayo & dijon.  Served with bagel chips and crack hummus…

IMG_0830

My afternoon weakness… TJs PB pretzels. 

IMG_0834

My easy peasy dinner.  Turkey and black bean chili straight from the freezer…

IMG_0846

My fancy dessert.  Gala apple, concord grapes, and a half portion of double creme brie…

IMG_0837IMG_0841

Partner all of that with 3 litres of water and you have a pretty rockin’ good first day back on track.  It’s a vacation from my vacation. :)

Pin It

8 comments:

Lady J said...

Don't know if I ever mentioned it, but I made your Turkey & Black Bean Chili and it was sooo good. It didn't get a chance to go into the freezer... it was all gone in 3 days. Mostly by me but AH had some too!! More coming up later this week I think. xox

carla said...

such a fab post and all Im sitting here thinking is DAMN I LOVE ME SOME VEGAS.
NEED TO GET ME TO VEGAS :)

Cant wait for pics....

MizFit

Shirls said...

I see you tried the m&m pretzels, what did you think of them? I wasn't too impressed, not pretzelly enough...

I feel I'm in the same boat, back from an adventure and now need to get it all back on track

Jaime said...

We agreed about the M&Ms Shirls...not enough pretzel. It was overpowered by the candy shell. Still a fun little treat though.

I brought home a bag of the coconut ones to try as a treat too.

Laura said...

i've got a packet of pretzel m&m's that i havent opened yet, i'm excited to try them now.

i'm dying to get my hands on the coconut ones!

Kim said...

Wowzers! That food looked great!!! Nice day!

Alison Fay said...

Can't wait to hear about your Vegas trip.

I think you'd make a fabulous life-casting blogger, as a sidenote. Your little side trips & adventures are always fun to read about!

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my blog, but unfortunately my life isn't as exciting as yours, so lifecasting is likely out! :)

Anonymous said...

I bought the same Vegas mug!!