Monday, April 12, 2010

Back to It

Shortly after we last met I laced up my shoes and headed outside for a quick jog.  I was pressed for time so decided to make the most of my time by…um…running a hill.  Ouch.  There is a shortish paved path that connects my street with the street above…I ran up and down it five times.  Only took about 11 minutes…I walked twice…and thought my lungs were going to burn out of my chest.  Sure doesn’t take much to drive my heart rate through the roof!

IMG_4557

When I got back to the house I popped in my Booty Camp DVD and did the Booty Booster routine.  Owwwwwwieeeee!  I would have thought all of the yoga I have been doing lately would have helped maintain my stamina with these workouts, but apparently I’ve been neglecting my buns! 

Snacked on the above pictured Wasa with PB & banana to hold me over until dinner.

For dinner I wanted to BBQ a tiny little feast for my houseguest, so I grilled up a couple of extra lean herbed turkey sausages

IMG_4565

I had intended to grill the potatoes in a foil pack on the BBQ but realized I was out of tin foil!  So instead I steamed the bite sized yellow potato pieces, then dried them in a kitchen towel.  Tossed with a drizzle of EVOO, paprika, salt & pepper, minced garlic and a small chopped onion…then roasted in a 450 degree oven for about 15 minutes (tossing part way through).

IMG_4558 

Crispy and deeeelish.  Probably better than if I’d done the foil pack!

With a side of spinach salad…including baby cukes, Roma tomatoes, carrots, and yellow peppers…

IMG_4562

Served at the actual dinner table!

IMG_4568

Dessert was a serving of Nanaimo Bar Fro-Yo jazzed up with a couple of smashed up Eggies.  I figured if I got in a planned dessert I’d be less likely to want to drag a bowl of those Eggies to bed with me tonight.  :)

IMG_4570

Fun moment of the day:  Waving at Lex from my deck while she and Dave had their new house inspected.  They are buying the house directly behind mine!  Sadly, I’ll be gone by the time they move in…but it was still cool to see them there!!  :)

PS:  I want Cheetos. 

Pin It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great jobs on the hills, they always get me too! ;)

You Supper looks yummy, I bought some sausages yesterday that I can't wait to BBQ.

Lex said...

Yay - good job getting out and working that hill!

It was pretty cool seeing you in 'my backyard' ahhaha! too bad it wont be a recurring thing :(