Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Zoom

Doh. Where did the day go?  Oh right, it went to work!

Coffee to start…

IMG_2692

And oats.  If I’ve learned anything this week is that I need a hearty breakfast…even if I’m not doing anything super active.  Man, my metabolism has sure changed recently!

IMG_2702

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal

In the pot: UVAB, water, unsweetened apple sauce, oats, chopped apple, flax, cinnamon

IMG_2700IMG_2701

On top: a bit more apple, raisins, walnuts, smidge dark brown sugar

IMG_2705

Deeeeelish.  I say that every single time I have applesauce oats.  I should do it more often.  I just always get enamoured by banana!

I was in a crazy hurry to make lunch so I threw together a super fast salad.

In the big silver bowl:  baby spinach, tomatoes, carrot, celery, cauliflower…

IMG_2707

Dressed with Greek yogurt and grainy dijon mustard.

IMG_2710

With Kashi crackers, Nut Thins and a scoop of hummus…

IMG_2713 IMG_2712

Afternoon snack (while on conference call mute) was a Dark Chocolate Coconut Kashi bar.  I’m still not in love with these but they do hit the spot on that afternoon sweet tooth.

IMG_2714

Now, in the next 30 minutes I have to finish publishing this post, put my face on, fix my hair, eat something, and potentially do more work before heading out the door to meet Angie, Lynn and Tasha.   Yikes.  Me thinks I might be working later tonight.  Boo.

Pin It

8 comments:

Christie @ Honoring Health said...

I prefer a hearty breakfast as well. I have tried lighter breakfasts and I just end up hungry all day long.

Alison Fay said...

I'm with you on the Kashi granola bars. I've tried a couple of kinds, and they're not my favourite..at all.

Natalie said...

Hi. My blog has moved to imlivinright.blogspot.com. I'm deleting my other one. I'll explain there.

TTYS!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures, wanted to grab it all. Wonderful post thanks for sharing

We think this blog is awesome would like to invite you to join http://kitchengang.ning.com/

Bec said...

Those oats do look pretty amazing, hope you had a good night out with the girls!

Unknown said...

nice meals! I tried the dark chocolate coconut bars and were amazed by how much I didn't like the. Especially since dark chocolate and coconut are my fave things...

Jaime said...

That's exactly how I felt about the bars. How could choco coconut not be awesome? Sad.

Liane said...

Ok you gals can send those chocolate coconut bars my way. I didn't mind them at all. But then, I munched on it after I'd tasted the pumpkin one and i HATED that kind!