Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Flip-Flop

Workoutcheck!

Water: half-check!

To-do list: next check!

Today is one of those days where the flexibility of an at-home job is totally awesome.  I love being able to just flip-flop my schedule when time allows.  Workout and run errands during the day, work during the evening. Ta-da!  And now I don’t feel like I’m stifling under a giant pile of tasks.

While getting my main important work out of the way this morning I sipped on a couple of cups of Starbucks Christmas Blend.  (Not sure if I’m in love with this year’s version…it’s a little bitter!)

176

Then it started to SNOW!! 

178

I guess it’s allowed.  It IS December now afterall! 

It didn’t amount to anything anyway.  haha.  Wooooo!

For breakfast I was totally in the mood for oatmeal.  I think it’s been like a week since I had any.  *gasp*  When I opened the fridge I knew that I had to try Lori’s idea to make Chai Oats!

180

In the pot: 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze, 1/4 decaf Tazo Chai concentrate, 1/4 cup water, 1/3 cup oats, 1/2 banana, 2 tsp flax meal.

On top:  toasted walnut pieces, scoop of The Bee’s Knees honey PB

179

What a good idea!  Yummmmmmm!

I had FH leave me the movies to return today (Four Christmases – meh, and Star Trek – woo!) to force me out of the house.  Blockbuster is directly across the street from my gym, so this way I really had no excuses to cop out.

Treadmill:  3 miles, 40 mins, approx 300 cals

I was really trying to actually hit 5km today, but my mental math while running just wasn’t working out.  LOL.  Stupid machines shut off after 25 minutes so I have to take whatever distance I’ve run and then try to figure out how much further I need.  Well, I thought I had it, only to realize I came up short.  Oh well.  Pretty close.

Still working on intervals.  I can do 2 x 10 minutes running, but by the time I hit the third set I had to knock it down to 5 minutes running.  It’s OK, but I’d really just love to get my stamina up to 4 x 10 minutes for the whole 5km.

I finished up with 3 sets of 15 reps of:

  • tricep pulldowns (15 pounds)
  • bicep curls (20 pound barbell)
  • shoulder presses (20 pound barbell)
  • deadlifts (20 pound barbell)
  • assisted squats with 20 pound weighted bar (machine…don’t know what it’s called…it sure felt more like 50 pounds!)
  • lots of stretching, twists, and a couple of planks

For lunch I hauled out the blender and whipped up an Amazing Grass smoothie.

In the blender: 1/2 cup frozen local blueberries, 1/2 banana, 1 packet Amazing Grass Pomegranate Mango Amazing Meal, big splash of skim milk, smaller splash of unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze, 2 handfuls baby spinach.

188

Not sure what I think of the Pom-Mango.  I think it’s too sweet.

Spread some cream cheese and raspberry jam on a corn tortilla just for something to chew along with my lunch in a glass.

189 190

OK, so now it’s time to dry my hair and tackle the to-do list.  First up, online banking.  Second up, make grocery list.  Third, hit the stores.

Wish me luck!

Pin It

8 comments:

JavaChick said...

We didn't get any snow (not that I saw, anyway) but the temperature change feels drastic - 9 degrees yesterday, -2 today. Ugh.

Missy said...

Your chai oats sound delicious! Great idea! Nice workout!

Vanessa said...

I love the Pom-Mango! I only use half a packet at a time though...the whole thing is just a little too much.

Cole Walter Mellon said...

Snow way I'm ready for the cold precipitation yet.

All that food looks double yummy.

Unknown said...

Just for the record. I love your blog!! :)

Ick for the snow... I'm still not ready for it yet!!

Kim said...

LOVED Star Trek!

Nicole said...

Okay so I was soo totaly jazzed to see the snow *s* but that's of course because I have a hubby and 13 year old son who shovel for me *S*
Your oatmeal looks really good...I've never thought of putting my peanut butter in it....hmmmm....

Shirls said...

3.11 miles = 5km, its a number that sticks in my head and has come in useful on the ol'treadmill a few times, cause I often have days where I need that push to get to a certain number before hitting the 'cool down'..