Saturday, September 05, 2009

This is my Saturday night…

064

…what’s yours?  :)

Today was treated pretty much like any other first day that FH is away (I have a lot of practice!).  Slept in.  Had Starbucks.  Tidied.  Puttered in the yard.  Read some Sookie in the sun. Ran errands.  Got DVDs for a quiet night in. 

After a late night with Lynn and Angie I was happy to sleep until 11am this morning.  Glorious!

I didn’t feel like brewed coffee, so after a long lovely shower I ran down to Starbucks for an Iced Grande Vanilla Americano with about 1/2 inch of half & half.  My new warm day fave.  Also picked up a bag of Anniversary Blend for while Mom is here.

042

Breakfast (well, brunch) was simply a bowl of strawberry yogurt with chopped strawberries and a handful of local blueberries.

046

For lunch I got to enjoy leftover awesome veggie pizza from lunch yesterday with Angie and Farm Girl.  Restaurant review still to come.

049

With some more fresh shucking peas.  Sweeeet.

050

Dinner was the best part of the day though.  I re-created the salad I made last night (with a few minor changes) and put together a chicken salad sammich using the leftover chicken and sourdough bread (I still need to post about making the chicken for our Eat Atlantic Challenge dinner…I learned something new and it was awesome!). 

060

The sammich was simply chicken picked from the bone mixed with fresh ground pepper, salt and a dollop of light mayo.  Served on the freshly sliced sourdough with mixed greens from the farmer’s market I visited yesterday.  To die for.

057053 055

In the big salad bowl:  Continuing with the Eat Atlantic theme…local mixed greens, local spinach, local orange cherry tomatoes, local blueberries, local Sunrise apple, (not so local) English cucumber, and local goat cheese.  Dressed simply with honey, EVOO and a big squeeze of lime.  Freaking deeeeeelish if I do say so myself.

058

And now, to take in as much Weeds Season 4 as I can without falling asleep on the couch.  :)

Pin It

6 comments:

Cat said...

Honestly...that sounds like an amazing day to me....

Your mom is visiting? that's so fun...she's adorable and reminds me so much of my mom....

Have fun Jaime....I miss you and heart you!

Eco Yogini said...

perfect :) it has been a while since we've watched Weeds... did a lot of watching weeds in BC... but have slipped since we moved back "home" to hali.
also- LOVE sookie stackhouse books and true blood, can you BELIEVE how different the HBO is from the books?

Fun space, I'm glad I found you!

Angela Power said...

I HEART that salad!!!!!!!!! Oh YUM SAMMIE TOO!!!!! I'm serious the entire spread we had Friday night was PERFECT and I loved every single bite!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great night!

That salad you made on Friday was awesome! Looked even better with the chicken sammie too :)

Jen said...

mmmmmm looks yummy!!!!

You just reminded me to go pick up some Anniversary Blend!!!

Miz said...

I LOOOVE WEEDS.

love.

Andy makes me laugh.

and swoon.

Im just sayin',

Miz.