Sunday, August 02, 2009

Sun, Snacks, Sangria

Yesterday ended up being sunny, beautiful and HOT.  Weeeeeeee!  Needless to say a lot of the errands and chores I had planned didn’t get accomplished.  Didn’t make it to the gym either.  And I’m OK with that!

FH was up before me and as soon as I came downstairs he asked if I wanted to go for breakfast.  We haven’t done that in months (he was away, then we were away, then he was still away!) so I jumped at the chance.  Off to The Armview we went, where I enjoyed some much needed tasty coffee and my old standby of bacon & eggs

Scrambled eggs, bacon, multigrain toast, and cubed potatoes.  I left half of the toast and potatoes.  Yummy in my tummy!

005 008

When we got back I had to work for an hour to clear up some important stuff I’d forgotten on Friday, then spent another hour or so fiddling with the set up of my Blackberry.  I’m starting to get the hang of most of it now!  Still trying to figure out little things though, and I’m sure more questions will arise the more I use it.

After that I made a quick trip to the grocery store (for supplies I later ended up not needing, and berries I hadn’t planned on buying!) and to Starbucks because we ran out of coffee on Friday.  I of course got myself an iced coffee while I was there.  :)

IMG_3135IMG_3137

For the rest of the day I pretty much laid out on the deck reading.  Glorious!  I rolled out a big blanket, brought a pillow and snacked on fruit and veggies and waterAmy, I just finished Club Dead…on to book 4!

IMG_3138 IMG_3141

Grapes.

IMG_3139

Carrots & celery.

IMG_3143

Late afternoon salad: spinach, free local raspberries, BC blueberries, pecans, organic old white cheddar…drizzled with honey & EVOO.

IMG_3146 IMG_3148

Once the sun started to move away from the back of the house I came in to shower and get ready to head over to Angie’s for the evening.  It was still pretty sticky in the house, but thankfully by the time I got to doing my make-up and getting dressed it was pleasantly cooling off.

IMG_3154

At Angie’s I got to help her out with her Epicure taste testing!  The nice folks at Epicure Selections sent her some sample products to review, so she mixed up a bunch of different dips for her guests to try out.  I’ll let her tell you all of the dirty details in her own blog post, but my quick review is: Summer Berry Fruit Dip and Three Onion Dip WINNERS and Roasted Red Pepper Dip LOSER

IMG_3158

Honestly though, my favorite snacky wasn’t an Epicure one.  Angie made a 7 Layer Dip and I’m pretty sure I ate half of it all by myself!! 

IMG_3160

I enjoyed one big glass of her homemade sangria over the course of the evening and it was the perfect drink to end such a beautiful day.

IMG_3159

It was also Angie’s hubby’s birthday so being the fabulous wife that she is, she made him a cake.  A crazy decadent Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake complete with a layer of solid peanut butter cups.  Insanity! 

IMG_3167 IMG_3168 IMG_3171

Thanks for the lovely evening Angie!  I didn’t get home until 2:30am.  oooooops.

IMG_3156

IMG_3157

Pin It

6 comments:

H-woman said...

What a glorious day! I totally agree with you about the 3 onion dip. It is my absolute favourite.

Seriously, were those Reese Peanut butter cups in the middle of the cake? OMIGOD, that looks divine!

Unknown said...

Honey on a salad? I don't think I've ever heard of such, but with the spinach and fruit, it's sounds really good.
7-Layer Dip!!! I'm a big fan too.
That cake looked crazy!! Probably a real show stopper.

Stephanie said...

Whoa! That peanut butter cup cake looks amazing! That's like heaven!

Peabody said...

Holy yum on that peanut butter cake!

She-Fit said...

OMG, that chocolate cake looks amazing! I'm a little jealous...well, maybe not because I would end up eating the whole thing :)

Angela Power said...

I;m so glad that you came and enjoyed yourself :-)