Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Lovely Larabars

How excited was I when the awesome PR people over at Larabar noticed me Tweeting about my favorite snack and asked if I would like to sample the two new flavours?

<<<<<<<<<<< THIS FREAKING EXCITED!!! >>>>>>>>>>>>

Why would I not want free advanced samples?  Yeeehaw.

First up, the all new Peanut Butter & Jelly Larabar.

001002

Just as you would expect, it’s a light and creamy peanut butter base…and the “jelly” is actually dried cherries.  A perfect combo of savoury and sweet…this could very well become my new go-to Larabar because I totally love the addition of the cherries to the simple yet delicious peanut butter.

Today I broke into the Tropical Fruit Tart Larabar.

007 008 

This may be the busiest Larabar yet!  Where most of them generally have only 2-4 ingredients…this one boasts an amazing 8!  I am a big fan of the orange and coconut flavours in this bar, but the pineapple doesn’t totally do it for me.  I love pineapple but for some reason I didn’t love it in my Larabar.  I would still chose this new flavour over a lot of the older varieties though.

To date, nothing beats the Coconut Cream Pie variety for me though.  Keep those coming!  Let’s find a way to get more flavours into regular grocery stores!

Thanks again Larabar for hooking me up with the taste-test.  Overall, both of the new bars get two big thumbs up from me!

009

PS:  Canada is supposed to get hooked up with the new flavours in September.  Keep your eyes open and let us all know when/where you find them!

Pin It

7 comments:

H-woman said...

I'm so excited for the PBJ--peanut butter cookie has surpassed coconut cream pie (gasp!) as my new fave! I can only imagine how great the PBJ will be...

H =)

Fatinah said...

cool beans!

Kim said...

I'm SO eager to try the PB & J flavor! When will it be in stores??? Where are you Larabar?

Angela Power said...

I'm still doing my jump for joy over those bars! lol I will be on the prowl while in the US too!

Anonymous said...

I am dying to try the new ones, definitely be on the look out for sure!

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Drooling over those new flavors!

Jen said...

You totally just inspired me to eat my cinnamon roll larabar right then...YUMMY!!!

I think I am going to try to track down some PB cookie ones when I am in Hali!