Sunday, August 30, 2009

13 minutes until Big Brother!

Let’s see if I can get a post done before I get sucked into bad reality TV!

Last night, Hurricane Danny made himself known here in Halifax.  Funny because he was downgraded below a Tropical Storm by the time he got here, but he was louder, windier, rainier, and a bigger pain in the ass than Bob was.  And Bob was supposed to wreak some havoc. 

Needless to say the crazy wind and pounding rain made it impossible for me to sleep last night.  I was exhausted and couldn’t even doze off…I think I slept like 8 minutes between midnight and 4am.  I finally decided that the spare room would probably be quieter (smaller window, rear of house, only one exterior wall) and I was right.  After snuggling into the spare bed with my cat I was asleep within minutes.

I still woke up crazy tired though.  Thankfully FH had planned to cook another meal and I didn’t have to lift a finger.  WoooT…go FH!  Coffee, scrambled cheesy eggs, sausage, and hashbrowns.  Sorry no photos for you all, but I could barely lift my fork let alone my camera. 

The remainder of my morning was spent sipping more coffee, reading more Sookie, and just lounging around upstairs while FH watched F1 downstairs.

I snacked on one of my homemade chocolate cranberry almond granola bars (recipe soon I promise!).

009

Eventually I made my way to the gym like a good girl.  Was supposed to be one hour of cardio…which I intended to split 20/20/20 between the rowing machine, treadmill and elliptical…but my back gave me a scare so I wound up skipping the elliptical.  During the last minute or so on the rowing machine, I felt a crazy sharp pang in my lower back…so much so that I froze stiff thinking I might have really done some damage…but I was able to move OK so I just got off the rower and went to walk it out.  I did a bit of a run on the treadmill but after about 8 minutes I decided just to walk the rest of my 20 minutes...then did a lot of careful extra stretching.  Now my whole lower back is really stiff.  This is my unimpressed face.  It doesn’t matter how careful I am, what kind of workout I do, or how often I see my chiropractor there is always something wrong with my back/neck/arm/shoulder!!

Anyway, I had a couple of snacks when I got home… dates stuffed light cream cheese (thanks to the commenter who left that idea!!)

006

and some grapes.

010

Dinner was a fend-for-yourself situation, but we have a fridge FULL of leftovers, etc so it was easy.  I abandoned the meal plan in favour of not making something new to add to the leftovers collection.  :)

I made a bigass salad consisting of baby spinach, matchstick carrots, tomatoes, radishes, red onion & yellow pepper.  Dressed simply with grapeseed oil and s&p.

012

Along with two of FH’s awesome stuffed shells with a little extra alfredo.  Deeelish!

013 015

Dessert was a little bowl of the leftover Oreo pudding with some chocolate whip cream.  Yes, it’s as good as it sounds.  :)

016

Hmmm…now I have like one minute to add photos and get back to the TV.  I think I might be a tad late!  Big Brother here I come. 

Pin It

8 comments:

Nicole said...

I am OBSESSED with Big Brother!!! Who do you think is going home this week??

tash said...

I sleep so much better when it rains hard!

Paige@ Running Around Normal said...

Sounds like you had such a nice Sunday! That was so nice of your FH to make breakfast :)

I hope your back feels better tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

You said those dates are fresh, right? Not dried? Like, is that how they come straight off the tree (or whatever it is that dates grow on...I really have no idea)? I have never seen fresh dates. Where did you get them? I want to try them!

Anonymous said...

PS-My grandma puts dates in her bran muffins, and they are gooooood!

Miz said...

hmmmm and I need more trash tv as BRAVO has been failing me :)
never seen an episode of BB!

eurydice said...

oh dear - hope your back is all right today! back injuries are no fun.

Jaime said...

Lainey,

Dates are usually available in the produce section. Look for Medjool Dates. Sometimes you can only get them in a basket or container, which is why I don't buy them often...because I don't need 48 dates for $12! But I got these fresh and bulk for just a couple of dollars. :)