Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Here Fishy, Fishy!

Ugh, so overloaded with work today.  I didn’t finish until like 8:30!  I had intended on quitting at 6:00, heading to the gym, then coming home for a late supper…instead I took a supper break at about 7:30 then didn’t even leave for the gym until almost 8:45.  Geeeesh. 

I had eaten my pre-gym snack around 4:30 thinking I’d be heading out within an hour or so…half a Granny Smith apple leftover from my lunchtime salad with a big dollop of crunchy organic PB.

018

For dinner I asked FH to grill up some smokies so they’d be ready to eat when I got back from the gym…of course, instead they were ready when I finally tore myself out of my office chair for 15 minutes.  I asked him to cook two for me, but I ended up only eating one (my eyes are always bigger than my stomach on things like this). 

001 002 

I filled the other half of my plate with raw veggie sticks.  Carrots, cucumbers and celery.  I rarely buy celery but I recently realized that poor celery is often under-rated.  :)  Crunch, crunch, crunch.

003

Even though I had to do a quick workout it was sweaty and just what I needed.  My runs are getting easier and easier, which provides me with incredible amounts of motivation to keep going.

Tonight’s run: 25 minutes, approx 2.5 miles, almost 300 cals burned. Intervals of 5:1. 4.8mph seems to be my best speed.

Strength training:  upper body – 2 sets of 15 reps

- tricep pulldowns

- bicep curls

- military presses

- other barbell exercise I don’t know the name of ;)

Core: 15 reps each

- crunches, reverse crunches, bicycle crunches

+ 1 minute plank with leg lifts

+ 30 second (each side) side planks

Post workout snack #1 was a quick Kashi granola bar (I wish we would get more fabulous new flavors in Canada!) with a second litre of water.

004

While catching up on Nurse Jackie after my post-gym shower and enjoying a much needed relax on the loveseat I mixed up a protein filled dessert of organic vanilla yogurt, 1/2 sliced banana, hulled hemp seeds, a few raisins, and a sprinkle of oatmeal.  Deeeeelish.

006 007

We finished the evening off with a bit of popcorn but I didn’t take a pic…I’m pretty sure you all know what popcorn looks like. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here are the big fishies from Bradley Bay this past weekend.  I don’t know anything about fish, but the boys tell me these were all photo worthy.  (I need to get proper copies…I picked these up off Facebook and they are the wrong size.)

fishie_01fishie_03fishie_09  fishie_05fishie_04fishie_07fishie_06fishie_02

Sean’s 40 pound Muskie (2nd row far right & 3rd row first pic) was the one to beat…he was on cloud nine the rest of the weekend.  It was pretty effing cool watching how excited they were when he hooked this big bugger.  I LOVE watching other people’s excitement at things that make them this happy…it honestly helped make my weekend almost as much as it did his!

Pin It

1 comment:

Angela Power said...

YUMMY salad!! Those are some crazy big fish!