Thursday, June 25, 2009

Embracing Balance

Keeping with the theme of yesterday’s insight post, I wanted to share with you how I came up with my new blog title and overall health philosophy.

After a lot of hard work and fun times I decided I wanted to take a more serious stand, so here I am with a focus and a missionEmbracing Balance.  Keep it real, people.  There's a fine line between happy & healthy and healthy & hating it.  You have to walk it carefully.

My Mom likes to say "embrace the chaos".  While I was considering new blog titles her motto came to mind and although my interpretation is different than hers I knew I had to incorporate it somehow.  Since my goal is to balance out my interest in health and fitness with my love of food and fun, the new motto came to me.  Embracing Balance.  I am excited for this new inspiration to take hold and drive my blogging to a fantastic new place.  Who knew that Mom's advice would eventually play into everyday life?  *smirk* Doesn't it always?!

I have a love for most things food, including a crazy sweet tooth and an occasional desire to just eat hot dogs.  I refuse to completely give those things up because they are a part of who I am, so by balancing out my day-to-day eating and exercise with my occasional indulgences I don’t feel deprived of anything.  In fact, those treats now taste better than ever because I really feel I’ve worked for them.

Thank you so much to all of you that have left lovely comments and to those of you that keep reading every day.  You all truly inspire me to keep on working towards a healthier me!

Pin It

5 comments:

Cat said...

I sort of hate it when mom's are right.

itsawrap said...

Great title, because aren't we all trying to embrace balance :)

Amber said...

I also have a CRAZY sweet tooth and cravings for things like hot dogs and fries. I'm working hard to "embrace balance" like you, though, and AVOID that kind of food except for as an occasional treat! Because I truly do feel better when I eat healthy!!

I really like these posts you're doing! I'd love to hear more about you you achieve that balance. For example, do you have a treat once a week, or just whenever you get a craving etc.?

Kelly said...

I love the new name!! It's funny how mom's are always right, hehe. But I don't mind :) I just found your blog, and I look forward to reading more blogs from you!!

Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) said...

Why are moms always right? :P