Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ants in my Pants

I don’t know if it’s because it’s Saturday, or because I had a long week, or because I finally got to enjoy a cup of coffee, or because my eating has been friggin stellar this week, or because I had a green monster this morning, or or or… but I’ve been a bundle of energy all day!  Love it.

Started the day by getting up at the reasonable time of 9:30 and heading downstairs to make my much anticipated weekend coffee.

IMG_1675

I finally got to use my memory mug!  Aw man, it’s been almost a whole week since I’ve seen my girls.  *pout, pout*  The mug made my yummy coffee that much more special.  :)

IMG_1676

Enjoyed my one big mug while watching an episode of Cupid I found on the PVR.  Weeeeeeeeeeee!  I thought it had ended for the season like a month ago, but turns out there was one more episode…they were holding out!  I lurve this show.  Duh.

IMG_1680  

Then, while watching Harper’s Island (also on the PVR) I made myself a Bluish-Green Monster.

IMG_1682

In the blender today:  1/2 banana, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 1 heaping tbsp almond butter, 2 heaping tsp flax meal, 1/2 cup vanilla Almond Breeze, about 1/4 cup water, approx 3 cups baby spinach.

It’s ugly, but I make it pretty with the glass.  :)   Deelish.

IMG_1681

That was enough sitting on the couch (I dusted and polished furniture while I watched because I couldn’t handle being unproductive) so I got ready and headed out for groceries.  Had a Coconut Cream Pie Larabar to tide me over until lunch.  Yum Yum.

IMG_1683

This is the stuff that was on my list:

IMG_1684 

This is the stuff that was NOT on my list:

IMG_1685

Admittedly I went in knowing I was going to buy things not on my list…I had some random meal ideas rolling around in my head.  :)

Heated up some quick leftovers when I got back, so I’d have some actual food in my body before heading to the gym.  Smokie, grilled spuds, and some cuke sticks.

IMG_1686

At the gym today: 20 minutes hard incline walking, 10 minutes rowing machine, miscellaneous strength exercises = plie squats, regular squats, bicep curls, planks, crunches.

For dinner I decided to pull out another of the zillion recipes I’ve ripped out of magazines and see what I could put together.  I give you Bacon & Egg Pie (it’s basically quiche).  Recipe called for puff pastry, I used a Tenderflake pie crust cuz that’s what I had on hand.  It also called for goat cheese which I forgot to buy so I improvised with some light sour cream and mozza shreds.  Get this:  those crazy recipe writers wanted me to use 6 eggs and real half & half.  Nutty.  I used 3 eggs, 3 egg whites, and skim milk.  I also added some light feta, because bacon/tomato/feta is one of my all time fave combos.  (In fact, it may make an appearance for Pizza Sunday…)

IMG_1693

IMG_1700

Took about 15 minutes longer to cook than I thought but in the end it was a great success!  Deeeelish.  Served with salad of course.

IMG_1695IMG_1697

In the big bowl:  Sassy mixed greens (I bought these just for the name), red onion, strawberry tomatoes, mushrooms, Balsamic vinegrette.

IMG_1689IMG_1691

It’s movie night again.  The Reader.  Intriguing to say the least.  I’ll be enjoying some Liberte lemon yogurt and berries whilst we watch.  Night night.

Pin It

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That quiche looks awesome, I love quiche! Will have to use that recipe sometime.

The Reader was a fantastic movie!

Lex said...

Crazy - I am not a huge fan of quiche but I totally had a craving for it today - I was going to buy a premade one at Superstore but didn't find any so I got a naan sandwich instead.
Random! :)


LOOOOOOOVE LOOOOOVE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THE MEMORY MUG!!!

Angela Power said...

Here I am straining to see what I wrote on your mug because I had "one" too many glasses of wine and I can't remember! lol (p.s. I haven't put mine in the dishwasher for fear of losing the writing, but even with handwashing, there's a spot that's fading on the writing, so be careful! :-( )

That pizza looks sooooo goooood!

Jaime said...

Thanks for the heads up on the mug, Angie. I'm gonna keep it for special moments when I need to think of my girls. :)

PS: That's not pizza. haha.