Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Fiddledeedee

For some reason I’ve been craving a smoothie (maybe it’s all the talk about Green Monsters on the blogs lately!) so for my afternoon snack I got out the blender.  Into the mix went 1/2 banana, about 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 1 tsp ground flax, and 1 cup light vanilla soy milk.  I guess this is a Purple Monster!

Since this was my pre-workout snack I included a Kashi granola bar too.

018

At the gym:

Elliptical: 20 mins cross-country, variable intensity + 5 min cooldown in reverse

Legs: 2 sets of 15

- squats with 15lb bar

- stationary lunges with 2 x 8lb dumbbell (each leg)

- hamstring curls on the ball

Abs:

- 30 x regular crunches

- 30 x bicycle crunches

- 2 x 30 second plank

- 2 x 30 second side plank (1 each side)

When I got home I was soooo ready for dinner. Fiddleheads!

021 022

Cooked them up simply by sauteing with a bit of butter, EVOO, salt & pepper and sliced mushrooms.  Served alongside a maple BBQ salmon filet that I baked in the oven and a small potato I cooked up in the microwave.

025

American Idol: 

My American readers…please vote for Adam Lambert!! 

I snacked on some Kashi crackers straight from the box while I sat on the edge of my seat watching the final performances.  Although I don’t think this was Adam’s best night I do think his second performance was stellar and he sings circles around Kris.  Kris is a cutey but he doesn’t have the star power or the talent that Adam has.  It’s a fact people!!  Vote Vote Vote!

Pin It

6 comments:

tash said...

I love fiddleheads so much!

Anonymous said...

WHERE do you get fiddleheads!?!?!?

Sarah said...

I have never had fiddleheads! I saw some at the grocery store yesterday, and almost bought some - but they didn't look all that fresh. I don't want my first fiddlehead experience to be spoiled!

Jaime said...

Lainey: Superstore!

Pheonix said...

Ok, seriously... what the HECK is a fiddlehead?! It looks like a skinny green shrimp!!! LOL! Are they good? What do they taste like?

eurydice said...

i love fiddleheads, they are all the rage this time of year. i also like that you made a tasty sounding smoothie ... people on the blogs are adding the weirdest crap lately.