Thursday, April 23, 2009

Shop-o-Rama

That's what you do when the weather is too crappy to be an outdoor tourist! Shop til you drop. Tiff and I ended up hitting another mall after I finished work yesterday, so needless to say I've more than blown my budget. hehe. At least I finally got some awesome slim fit straight leg jeans to wear with flats and flip-flops over the Summer. And maybe some hot Guess shoes for the Blog Girls Trip to TO in June!

Food was way better yesterday. Being at home during the day totally helped and I made sure to eat lunch before we headed out shopping this time.

Since Tiffaney was sleeping off her jetlag...seriously awake for over 24 hours (minus a couple of random hours of airplane snoozing)...I was on my own for breaky. I decided on making a big pot of banana flax oats so there was enough for her when she got up.

In the pot was (2 servings): 1 cup vanilla hemp milk, 1 cup water, 2/3 cup oats, 1 mashed banana, heaping tablespoon flax meal. To my bowl I added a handful of trail mix and a scoop of natural pb.

Served along with coffeeeeee of course!


I also cut up half of the cute mini seedless watermelon I got for us, so had a cup of that as breakfast dessert.


When lunch rolled around she was just eating her oatmeal, so I took the opportunity to eat my leftover Cora's veggie omelet....deeeeelish....served with a piece of multigrain toast spread lightly with Olivina and a big squirt of ketchup for the eggs.



Starbucks was offering up free coffee for Earth Day, so we took our travel mugs and got late afternoon jolts of joe. We decided to share one of the bigass chocolate chunk cookies....but only ate 1/2...so that's only 1/4 of the cookie each. Go us.

Then we shopped for over 4 hours! Which made for very hungry girls. I took her to Jack Astors because they don't have those over on the island back home. We were ready for drinks! I had a Caesar. And we shared the Goat Cheese and Sweet Onion Dip for an appy. Sooooo good. For dinner Tiff ordered the wickedly cheesy Chicken Bowtie Pasta, and I opted for the Honey Sesame Chicken (which I thought was the stir-fry I have had before...it wasn't, but it was still really good). I ate about half the chicken and veg, maybe a 1/4 cup of rice, then packed up the rest.

Another girlfriend came to meet us so we had another drink. Mine a White Russian this time....and we all shared the Score Bar Cheesecake. I love having girlies to share dessert with!


Then we chatted until the restaurant started putting up chairs. haha. oooooops. Another late night...didn't get to bed until after 1am and I had to finish Breaking Dawn so didn't go to sleep until 2:30!

Pin It

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the mug!

Heather said...

mmmm...I love the honey sesame chicken at JA!!!!

Jen said...

That sounds like an absolute blast!!!!!

You have to tell me what you thought of the end of "Breaking Dawn" - for some reason I started reading them over again...I don't knwo why because I have a MILLION new books to read!!!

ElleBee said...

*ehem* you forgot the most important picture.... the shoes :) jk!

Glad you're having a good time despite this nasty weather!

Sarah said...

I eat oats every morning, but have never made them in a pot yet... I don't really have time for that kind of attention on a weekday morning, but maybe this weekend I'll give it a shot? Or maybe next time I work from home... hmmmm.

Angela Power said...

FUN times!!!!! I wanted to hit up sbux for the free joe but I didn't end up making it..PO was doing it too!

Jaime said...

Lynn: you'll have to see the shoes in person!

Jen: I emailed you my thoughts. I wasn't really impressed.

Sarah: Stovetop oats honestly only take 10 minutes. sooooo worth it!

Julie said...

I love Jack Astors...Everytime I am in halifax I have to stop in.

Love your pink mug.