Friday, April 10, 2009

Friday Night Leftovers

After visiting with our friends and their teeeeeny tiny little baby girl (with a MOP of hair...amazing!) FH was feeling kind of crappy so decided to take a nap. Instead of bothering with a huge dinner that we wouldn't eat until like 9pm I decided just to make myself a salad and eat um the leftover pasta.

Easy-peasy.

In the salad: romaine & iceberg, brocolli, matchstick carrots, red onion, mushrooms, Renee's Spring Herb dressing

I wanted a chunk of the bread I bought to go with the pork tenderloin dinner we were supposed to have. Was perfect for sopping up sauce. This is the margarine recommended by FH's nutritionist so I use it too when I just want a quick spread of something buttery. (It runs circles around Becel for flavor but it certainly ain't butter.)


The pasta was just the leftover creamy tomato spaghetti from the other night, with some extra spinach wilted in and an extra scoop of sauce.


I enjoyed this at the table with the final Twilight book Breaking Dawn and a stack of newspaper flyers. I get a weird enjoyment out of reading the weekly flyers!

When FH got up we were watching a movie so I brought out a few Easter treats (yes, I have a big bag of loot!). Reese's PB bunnies. Too cute. and yum too.


Now off to bed for a PVR'd episode of United States of Tara. LOVE that show!
Pin It

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Food looks awesome!! I am fairly certain that there is nothing better than a good baguette. :D

tash said...

Fun stuff!