Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring Storm

Yes folks, here in Halifax we are in the midst of a freaking snow storm. What the hell? This is my unimpressed face.

View from the front window. Yes, that is icy snow stuck to the screen.

View from our back door.
Just yesterday we could see 3/4 of the lawn and were so excited.

However, I did drag my bum outta bed this morning to drive FH to work. My car has the snow tires, and for him to find parking in this kinda weather he woulda had to leave like 2 hours early. Not fun. So instead I took the opportunity to get myself moving and got my gym trip out of the way for the day. Tuesday = 25 minutes cardio & lower body strength training.

Treadmill: 5 minute warmup, 4:1 x 3, 5 minute cooldown = 25 minutes
+ plie squats with the ball x 3 sets
+ stationary lunges with weights x 1 set (these actually killed my sore tailbone)
+ walking lunges with weights x 1 set (still painful but not so bad)
+ step ups on weight bench x 1 set per leg
+ calf raises standing on bottom stair x 1 set
Came home and shoveled off the front porch and more of the driveway. FH did some before we left this morning, but not quite enough and then another few inches had piled up before I got home. Nutty.

Breakfast needed to be warm and filling, so I opted for egg whites and a ww english muffin. Mixed 1/4 cup egg whites, splash milk, dill, red pepper flakes and a bit of salt in a ramekin and cooked in the microwave. Toasted the english muffin, smeared with a bit of Olivina & ketchup. Topped with the egg whites & sprinkled with grated light cheddar. Served with vanilla coffee. Yum!
Today's eats...

- pre-gym: 1/2 Larabar (apple pie!)
- egg whites on english muffin
- coffee with skim & brown sugar
- leftover pea soup, Kashi crackers, light garlic & herb cream cheese, baby carrots, pickles
- strawberries & canteloupe, Baked Cinnamon Riceworks
- oven roasted chicken boobies, mashed taters, gravy, steamed brocolli & cauliflower
- tea and cookies
Pin It

5 comments:

Heather said...

I know right? I was so expecting a snow day (or at least morning) today but nope, I had to wait 40 minutes for the bus to show up this morning and by that time I looked like a snowman and had gotten a chill I still can't quite get rid off! So not impressed!

JavaChick said...

We didn't get a storm, but we got snow and I was pretty disgusted when I woke up and saw it. I am so done with winter. Why can't it be over already?

eurydice said...

Ew it's snowing? That makes me feel sick inside!

Pheonix said...

Your breakfast looks DEEEELISH! mmmm I think I'm going to have to do that tomorow!

Lex said...

Grrr stupid snow!!!
I do remember last year or hte year before we had a bunch of snow on easter (I made an easter bunny outta the snow) so I can still see us getting some more, but spring is right around the corner... I FEEL IT!