Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hermit

I haven't left the house in about 28 hours. And I don't plan on leaving for at least another 5 hours. hehe. The sun may be out right now, but there is some crazy wind action out there and you can just tell it's cold. Not too much interest in having icy snow blown at me today. The bright side is that I didn't have to shovel anything and it doesn't look like I'm going to have to. Besides, FH will be home in about 4 hours so if something happens that requires any work he can do it! Good timing really, since I am planning to hit the gym for a treadmill run after work...

The only major problem with hibernating during shitty weather is that I get all snacky. Especially when left alone. Work was slow during the day yesterday, so I cuddled up on the sofa with my book, my coffee, and a box of Multigrain Wheat Thins. Yes, the stupid box. I so totally know better....but I was too lazy to get a bowl. Besides I probably would have just continued to fill the bowl anyway...it was one of those kinds of snacky days. Needless to say, I ate about 2/3 of the box! It did tide me over for the entire afternoon though...dinner wasn't until almost 8pm (mainly because work started to flow so I was busy).



I actually had a fast-food craving yesterday, but due to the crazy weather I wasn't interested in venturing out just for that...so I made myself 4 chicken nuggets and a serving of baked Superfries instead....and served them with a massive salad. :) Dessert was a minty Cadbury Thin.

So far my weekly menu plan has not been working. ooooops. "Today is a new day!"

I had really hoped to do some noon yoga today, in lieu of not making it to the gym this morning but my tender bumbone is still not interested in much bending. Boooooo. I want yoga dammit. (Somehow I don't think yoga and dammit are supposed to be in the same sentence.)

Today's eats...

- coffeeeeeeeeee w/ brown sugar & skim
- Country Harvest sunflower flax toast w/ natural PB, sliced banana & honey drizzle
- 1/2 apple
- small ww tortilla w/ hummus, spinach & tomato
- other 1/2 apple
- Turkey & Black Bean burgers w/ bagged light Caesar salad (if these turn out, I'll post about them tomorrow)
- tea & banana muffin Pin It

6 comments:

Angela Power said...

It IS windy out there that's for sure, but I'll take the wind as long as the sun keeps up. I swear it's my medicine in trying to get myself back in the grove.

How's the bum bone?

Pheonix said...

Those wheat thins are EVIL! However they are probably my fave for dunking in Hummus... mmmm!

tash said...

I love wheat thins and extra old cheese - i can eat a whole box (and block of cheese).

Natalie said...

What a nice afternoon you had. Sounds so relaxing!

Hope you bumbone feels better soon.

Marissa said...

I love Wheat Thins, well really all carbs in general.

Awesome that you don't have to shovel today!!

Lex said...

Ugh looks like everyone is feeling this damn wind... YUCK!

as much as I love being at home it is terrible in the snacking department for me... its hard to keep my mind OFF of snacking no matter what I do!