Thursday, March 26, 2009

Blue Skies

I see blue skies outside! It was -5 this morning, but it's apparently going to be +8 this afternoon, so maybe it's finally time for a neighborhood walk. I suppose I should quit surfing the internet and get some work done so I can take advantage of that sun in the sky. :)

Yesterday was an activity bust. Not one damn thing. See, this is what happens when I stray from the routine of driving FH to work...I try to finagle my schedule to do my exercise at a different time of day and then end up not being able to fit it in. Work ran way late last night, so by the time we ate it was too late for a trip to the gym. And since yoga is still out of the question (boooooo) I didn't do anything. Gah.

Up and at it early today though to take FH to work....so a workout has already been done. I added another 4 minutes running time to my treadmill routine today and I think I've confirmed that running for sure does not bother my tender tailbone. Nice. A positive side-effect of being careful this week is that I've realized that I've maybe been running too fast for my skill level. I've dialed it down to 5mph (as opposed to 5.4) and I don't feel strained while running at all. I think slow and steady may be the answer I've been looking for...I'll keep playing around with it. I added 15 minutes of elliptical time to the session as well, just for a bit of extra calorie burn and a slight bum workout since my usual glute exercises are on the backburner for now.

Ab exercises are my concern now though. Definitely still can NOT do my favorite reverse crunches or v-situps....I tried just one and the tender pain just about made me yelp out loud. So I did three sets of boring, regular crunches but those are not enough to work on my whole core so I've been doing some online research. I'll post later about what I've found that I think will be great (again, positive side effect of my tailbone injury is that I'll be finding new and fabulous things to try). I did do a few planks, but even those hurt because of the flexing. It is getting better though.

I tried something different for breakfast today. I made a little egg white omelette in the microwave and it was fantastic. Mixed 1/4 cup egg whites, splash of milk, 1 tbsp Ready Crisp bacon bits, smidge of finely grated light cheddar, s&p, sprinkle of dill, and a bit of green onion in a ramekin coated with non-stick spray. Nuked for about 1 min 20 sec. Topped with salsa and served with toast.



Today's eats...

- coffee
- egg white microwave omelette, sunflower flax toast w/ Olivina
- 1/2 apple
- leftover Caesar salad w/ leftover mini Turkey & Black Bean burger patty
- banana
- spaghetti & meat sauce (leftover from FH's lasagna), steamed brocolli & cauliflower
- ff yogurt & strawberries
- tea (maybe banana muffin) Pin It

6 comments:

Pheonix said...

Fabulous idea with the omlette! I'm SO going to have to try that!!! Glad you are able to run again, yaaaay!

Angela Power said...

Ha! I made egg whites this morning in a ramekin (plain with S&P) and took a pic to post later! lol

Yours sounds YUM!

Jen said...

MMM, your little microwave omelette sounds tasty!!! AND Quick!! I should try that some morning!!!

i hope your pain goes away soon, :(
That sucks!

Lex said...

DAMN! That omellete looks SOOO good and I love how you topped it with salsa! Mmmmmm

Fatinah said...

I'm making a cup of tea right now 'cause I have the munchies...that omelette looks WAY better!

JavaChick said...

I have been forcing myself to go slower with the running this time around, and it seems to be working better for me. I figure once I build up the stamina I can work on speed.

Have you tried doing any plank type exercise for your core?