Thursday, February 12, 2009

Good Girl

So I was a good girl yesterday...even with all those cookies! I stuck to the plan and worked out 20 minutes longer than planned, so I call it a success. I can definitely see a correlation between getting my ass out the door and hitting the gym the minute I'm done work and better eating. By the time I've worked out, get home, eat, shower, then sit down it's so late I don't have time for random boredom snacking.

Today's plan is similar, but I do need to make time for setting up my new computer. It arrived yesterday and I didn't even get to take it out of the box. I'm so excited since this poor laptop is now 3 years old and dying a slow slow death.

My workout last night was not as planned but it was still good. I had intended on treadmill running and bum exercises. When I arrived at the gym there were a few free treadmills, but when I came out of the change room like 3 minutes later they were all full....so I had to hop onto an elliptical instead. No biggie, I can burn just as many calories...I had just been looking forward to working on my running time. I did 25 minutes on the elliptical, then an extra 20 minutes of fast-paced walking inclines on the treadmill. I finished up with crunches...but no bum exercises because I forgot to take my notes from Eurydice's post. oooops. I will try again today.

Menu plan:

- coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
- 100 cal cottage cheese cup (strawberry) mixed with a few spoonfuls of vanilla yogurt, wheat berries, & 1/2 banana
- veggie wrap: small ww tortilla w/ hummus, tomatoes, spinach & shredded carrots
- golden delicious apple with almond butter
- 1/2 granola bar pre-gym if needed
- grilled turkey sausage (leftover from making cabbage casserole), served with steamed cauliflower, cabbage & baby carrots
- tea & cookies

(approx 23 points) Pin It

1 comment:

Angela Power said...

It's great when all of those things just fall into place and I KNOW it's directly related to exercise. It's just "easier" to stay on track when you've put the hard work into the exercise part!