Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Doctor

I finally found a local doctor! Thanks Farm Girl for letting me know about this great lady that accepted new patients. Only took me a year...

So I had a laundry list of things to talk to her about at this first visit and now have to go back twice, plus hit up two other clinics this week. Yikes. Glad I didn't wait much longer!

- PAP scheduled...after the whole HPV situation last year, I need to get this done ASAP.
- blood work requested....I have to hit up a separate clinic for that on my own time...I requested the works to make sure my iron, etc are all up to par...been lightheaded a lot lately
- plantars wart to be removed...ewwwww I know....but they offer a special clinic twice a month so I can go in and get the little bugger frozen off
- asked about the Hep Twinrex vaccine....she said it's a good precaution but I could tell she didn't think it's that big of a deal...her opinion is that we are just as likely to contract Hep here as we would be on vacation....I got the prescription though so I might as well do it
- and the biggie....she gave me an x-ray request so I can have that done any time I like and she put in a referral to a sports medicine doctor downtown for me to have my shoulder/arm pain thingy checked out.....soooooo excited about this!!

Downside is all of the time away from my desk this takes. There was a huge wait today....like over an hour! (which they claim is highly unusual...we shall see). So now I have a whackload of work to catch up on....and will have to take a few more hours for the bloodwork and xrays this week. Good thing FH is away so I don't mind working in the evenings if need be. It will be nice to get this stuff all caught up and sorted out! Pin It

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Ugh...I'm going for blood work on Thursday. I hate driving across the city to my doctor to do so, but I've had 0 energy for weeks now and it's time to do something about it :(

♥ Dee ♥ said...

Good for you for getting in to see her!

I went almost ten years without a doctor when mine retired. There were no doctors in my town taking new patients. Thank goodness for clinics and my lack of shame... lol.

Lex said...

DEFINITELY GET THE HEP SHOT!!!!!

Once you get the shot, its's good for 25yrs. I am surprised she was so blase about it. Usually doctors are more 'blase' about Malaria (I know my *walk in* doctor was) but Hep was first and foremost!

I also need to find a female doctor who accepts new patients. I had one in the Dartmouth area, but she has poor bedside manner AND is a lot further away now.