Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Very Long Post

Hi all! Happy Christmas Eve!!

I know I've neglected my posting duties for a few days so I thought I should try to catch up a little bit. It's been five days that I haven't been checking in with accounts of my holiday eating adventures. Ooooops.

First, I have to say that I don't know why I carted my gym clothes and shoes across the country because I have had absolutely no opportunity to use them. My friend has a brand new gym in her condo building which we had planned to use for at least a couple of days, but between my working, our Christmas shopping, and visiting there was no time. Argh. I haven't even done near as much walking as I would have liked because of the crappy weather. I think I know what I'll be doing as soon as I'm back in Halifax and New Years is over. I miss the cardio dammit. (ha, who knew?!)

Food was doing not too shabby for a couple of days but it has fallen astray since I last checked in...

- Friday was my last work day while sitting at my girlfriend's place. I had Kashi Crunch and tea for breakfast, a lovely salad from the grocery store with a small crusty bun and balsamic dressing for lunch, an egg nog misto of course, and 8 chocolate coated mini pretzels(yes, I counted them!). My evening plans fell through due to weather so I ended up doing an evening visit to see my friends' new baby where I declined a beer but did eat two Turtles (couldn't be rude!). When we got home that night we were starving so opted for late night Chinese food. Found a restaurant neither of us had ever tried...so good and fresh! Wonton soup, chop suey, a bit of chow mein, and the evil sweet & sour pork. Stayed up until 2am watching Pearl Harbour....and didn't have that dried out, dehydrated "I just ate Chinese food" feeling. Nice. Also drank about 4 pint glasses of water.

- Saturday started with a cup of Candy Cane Lane tea and some more water. I helped my girlfriend assemble sandwiches that she was going to hand out to the homeless (what a girl!). We got dropped off downtown and I was just standing in line for my daily dose of egg nog misto, when I got a call to meet her and our other friends for lunch instead. We hit up a new Irish pub in town where I had a panini with tomato, bacon, pesto & brie served with a small salad and a cup of homemade beef barley soup. We warmed up with coffee & a shot of Baileys. Yummm! After lunch I got my misto while we walked downtown in the freaking cold and did some shopping. Back at her place I think we had tea to tide us over....then headed out for dinner with a group of friends at 7:30. We had a few martinis, a fancy coffee, shared a warm dip and some pita...because of all that I opted for spinach salad with grilled prawns for my main meal. Of course, we ended up sharing an apple crumble for dessert and had a few more drinks. :)

- Sunday was a totally lazy day of watching TV and eating the leftover Chinese food. In the afternoon we opted to pick up more Starbucks...a venti egg nog misto for me, and there might have been another choc chunk cookie. Didn't bother with dinner as I was attending another friend's annual Gingerbread House party where I indulged in a few treats and some seriously fabulous gourmet cheese...amazing. I had one glass of red wine and one shot of homemade Irish Cream that I sipped on. Delightful!!

- Monday morning I got back to the Kashi. It was my travel day up to Nanaimo to stay with my Mom, so I got another venti egg nog misto for the ride....plus grabbed an apple and a small bag of peanuts. I still have the apple. haha. Dinner at Mom's was just tomato soup and grilled cheese...best snow meal ever. :) Of course, we got into the Christmas Eggies and Cheetos a little later in the evening. ooooops.

- And finally yesterday....didn't have time for breakfast...slept in and then had to shovel Mom's car out (dammit I thought I left the shoveling in Nova Scotia!). I did convince her we had time for my crack, er I mean caffeine, stop at the new Starbucks here...so yes folks you guessed it...a grande egg nog misto for me. But then we were tied up with a few appointments so didn't actually eat a meal until after 4pm. My eyes were bigger than my stomach and I ordered my favorite bacon & cheddar burger at White Spot...with fries, AND the add of of zucchini stix and a small caesar salad. I was freaking stuffed and never even touched the salad. Late night last night I got snacky again though and we were into the Christmas candy and a fairly hefty sized shortbread cookie.

Man, that was a lot and now that I've written it out it all sounds terrible. I need me some veggies!! So far today I've had a coffee with Baileys and I'm sipping on my second cup with just a splooooosh (haha, Jen that sploosh is for you!) of egg nog. This is the first day since I've been on holiday that I haven't been to Starbucks...lol...mainly due to weather and the fact that Mom actually has a coffee maker! I think I'm going to rummage around Mom's fridge for a healthy brunch...I know I saw yogurts and english muffins in there. Tonight is our family Christmas gathering where we open gifties and stuff our faces. There are lots of cheeses, meats, dips, chips, crackers oh my! I'll try to stick close to the veggie tray! I do all of the prep so I can actually load my plate before anyone else does...then I try to stay out of the dining room so I'm not randomly nibbling. Oh boy!

As an aside I would like you to know that the snow here is insane. There was already like 4 feet of it, then it snowed another 4 inches overnight and it's been snowing all day with no apparent chance of stopping. Craziness!

OK, that was an eyefull of reading for whoever managed to make it this far.

Merry Christmas to all!!! Pin It

4 comments:

Amy said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

XOOX

Mom of Two Boys said...

Sounds like your holidays are going great!

Merry Christmas :)

Angela Power said...

Diddo here, for the most part. I've felt nothing but a big bloated fatty McButterpants for the last 3 days!

I've not counted or even really tried either. Booooo me!
All in all though, if that's all we've got to complain about this xmas we are doing well. I am just thankful that everyone in my family is in good health this year :-)

When are ya coming back? We need some hot yoga to get rid of all of this crap!

Jen said...

YAY!! A sploosh for me!!!

I will join the butterpants club...I have told myself that this is ONE holiday...TWO DAYS and I let myself enjoy them...well this is your vacation!! ENJOY IT!!!