Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Stiffy

Not THAT kind of stiffy, you dirty dirty minds! ;)

Stiff from the gym. That, and my stupid arm/neck thing is acting up big time. Argh. But I went to the gym just like I said...so I will take the stiffness as my punishment for my no-excuse hiatus from the gym and will try to keep going to work out the kinks. I went in the afternoon as planned....did 10 minutes on the rowing machine, 20 minutes of running intervals on the treadmill, a triple set of squats/crunches/step-ups/and ab twists, and finished up with 15 minutes on the good elliptical. I was tired and freaking hungry when I was done. Whew.

This meant I had to work extra long last night but that's OK. I wish I could do it every day, but Mondays and Wednesdays I have conference calls right smack in the middle of the afternoon that bugger it all up. Oh well. Tuesdays and Thursdays will have to do for now!

I managed to eat two more of those cookie bar things, but they fit within my activity points so I think it all worked out. The rest of them will be gone tonight to book club, so no more problems there.

Today I hope to get out for a walk as soon as I finish my report for the conference call. Probably only 15-20 minutes around the neighborhood, but that's better than the nothing I've been doing lately. It's actually quite beautiful outside, so I'll bundle up with a toque to keep my ears warm and it should be a lovely walk.

Today's menu...

- forgot to set coffee up last night and didn't want to wait for it, so a cup of tea
- new granola Nature's Path Ginger Zing...1/2 cup with 1/2 cup skim milk & 1/2 of a teeny banana for 4.5 points. Pretty good, but I didn't notice the ginger at all. (the NI on the website is different than the box...)
- lunch snack plate: couple slices lean deli turkey, brie wedge, pickles, tomatoes, leftover 1/2 gala apple, slice of mache bread with drizzle of evoo & balsamic
- another homemade chicken & bean burrito thingy from the freezer w/ light sour cream, with grilled zucchini
- few snackies at book club tonight
Pin It

4 comments:

Pheonix said...

Ok, dirty minded me had eyebrows shooting WAY up into practically my hairline at that title!!!

I hate that post workout stiffness... stretch stretch stretch!

Jen said...

*laughs* I guess I have a dirty mind too because I was like "jaime has a what????!!!" *laughs*

That sucks that you are stiff!!! time for a massage girl!!!!

You are rocking the exercise!!! It sucks that it's chilly out, but I am actually enjoying the snowy walks! Danny bought me a fake fur hat the other day so I could be super warm when I walk Charlie!! Of course we are a BIT colder than you guys I think... -21 with windchill today :(

Vanessa said...

Way to hook 'em with the title, lady ;).

Streeeeeeeeeeetch! Feels so good.

Sarah said...

You SOO need to get a Tim Horton's coffee maker if you hate waiting for it to brew (like I am!). We have one, it brews a full pot in less than 3 minutes. It rocks.