Monday, December 01, 2008

It's got to be the coffee...

...that helps keep my weight down.

Weighed in down .2 pounds this week. Not much, but the right direction for sure....especially considering that I haven't truly been on plan at all this week (or three really!)....and I didn't go to the gym at all. I've said it before, but it continues to hold true: the body is a mysterious thing.

My current theory is that I must be counteracting a lot of the bad stuff/large portions with the extra coffee and fibre I take in. Let's just say...everybody poops! haha.

Anyway, you all saw on Angie's blog the lovely waffle I had for brunch on Saturday...I did have a side of bacon with mine too. Followed that up with the same drink she had...a grande coffee misto with egg nog at the Bux. Yummmmm! (I know what all of those SB gift cards I got will be spent on.) I ran a bunch of errands in the afternoon so I didn't start making dinner until around 6:30. I decided just to make a quick panini with deli turkey, brie, and veggies. Just as I was biting into it, my girlfriend popped over and invited me to an impromptu birthday dinner for her hubby....I couldn't say no! So a couple of hours later I had a couple of sushi rolls and some miso soup....and a little too much red wine. hehe.

Yesterday I got up early to do my weekend chores. I was meeting up with some friends from the West Coast so I opted not to have breakfast and just ate a Fruit Source bar to tide me over. They had been out until the wee hours drinking the night before and wanted a greasy brunch so we hit up my favorite little diner "The Armview" where I had two scrambled eggs, bacon, a few pan fries and one slice of whole wheat toast with a bit of pb...and coffee of course! After I dropped them off I ran a few more errands, got another egg nog coffee, and then came home and just crashed on the couch the rest of the day. Dinner was some of my homemade beef stew with a grilled cheese on the Griddler. After dinner I had a three pack of Ferrero Roche that had just jumped into my basket at Walmart. :) Oh, and a hot chocolate (I got those gourmet hot chocs for my birthday and the vanilla truffle one is sooooo yum!)

I had every intention of getting up early today to start work and get a couple of things out of the way so I could go to the gym for an hour, but yet again it didn't work out. I actually managed to sleep through my alarm for about 1/2 hour which threw the whole morning out of whack. I swear I'm unknowingly mentally sabotaging myself. Argh. So now I'm back to trying to stay motivated to get myself there this evening...but I DESPISE Monday evenings at the gym...it's always sooo bloody busy. But I really want to get at least an hour in every day this week so I can relax and have fun on Friday when DBF is home and so I'm not totally out of cardio shape on Sunday when I try hot yoga with Angie and Lesley. There's two motivators that I need to keep on top of mind!!

Anyway, speaking of work...must get to it.

Today's eats:

- coffee with sploosh of light egg nog (x2) = 1 point
- chocolate from Advent calendar = 1 point (actually this is only about .25 points but I'm going to count it high to keep it accountable)
- instant oatmeal = 3 points
- grapes = 1 point
- fancy grilled cheese: miche bread, dill havarti, tomato, light mayo...on the Griddler = 6 points
- homemade beef stew, sauteed spinach with mushrooms & garlic = 6 points
- zucchini choc bran muffin = 2 points
- hot chocolate or tea = 1-3 points
Pin It

6 comments:

Carolyn said...

You are one busy girl! Yikes.

Sounds like you had a good weekend though. Don't you just love the greasy breaky after a night of one too many glasses of wine. It's just so damn good!

Sounds like you didn't completely go nuts over the weekend and eat candy 24/7 but you did indulge so MAKE SURE you balance it out with some serious gym time this week!!

PS That's it, I'm moving to Halifax so I can do fun stuff ike Hot Yoga with you girls!!

Cat said...

Your weekend sounded great, and you lookes sooo awesome in your pic with the lovely Tasha. I so wish I could have been there with you guys!

I'm still hoping to come to victoria on the 20th, but plans are still up in the air over Mike's mom's bday....I'm hoping that I won't be required to attend, but I'm not sure. Hoping to have it sorted out this week though, cuz I would llooovvee to hang out with you!!

I miss yoga soo much. That's it, I'm going on Wednesday for sure.

Have fun!

JavaChick said...

I love those waffles at Cora's. :)

Angela Power said...

Mmmmm beef stew!

I ended up buying a litre of light egg nog yesterday for a sploosh in my coffee! lol

I'm getting all excited for hot yoga too!

Yay, Carolyn's moving to Halifax! lol

Jen said...

You TOTALLY reminded me to eat my advent chocolate when I get home!!!

I think your weekend sounds like a blast!!! And you MUST be doing something right!!! (it has to be something in the coffee, both you and Angie had 0.2 losses!!!)

I had eggnog in my coffee the other morning...I almost died it was so good...I think I might try steaming it next time!!

Angela Power said...

You little bugger! You didn't have to send me a thank you card for the sbux mug! Awwww! Is it appropriate to say thank you for a thank you card? Or, are we getting into a neverending circle?!

Thanks though! Who doesn't love getting little things like that in the mail?! :-)))