Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Confession Time

"I just don't care."

That was yesterday's mantra. Well technically it's probably the mantra of the week, but I actually said it out loud to myself yesterday.

It was one of those days where I just wanted to cozy up with myself and a blankie and eat. So that's basically what I did. No gym. No homemade dinner. Just me and a big bag of crap from McDonald's. Followed by a huge bowl of buttered popcorn. I did enjoy it though, so at least there's that. I would feel worse if when I was done I hadn't liked it or felt shitty, but I didn't...it was allllll goooood.

Of course, by bedtime I felt like I'd eatten a salt lick, so water and I are going to be very good friends today. I even opted for green tea instead of coffee this morning. Not sure if it will help, but it was worth a shot. I haven't been feeling the coffee lately anyway so it was a good opportunity for change.

I can still feel that "I don't care" feeling niggling around in my head. I guess it's just one of those slumps...the weather has turned gloomy, DBF has been gone for a month, money is tight because of those stupid massage and chiro appointments, my arm/neck doesn't seem to be getting any better, and the Xmas gong show is already starting. Grrrr. DBF is home for this weekend and we are going to celebrate my birthday a little, so maybe that will help me snap out of it.

The food plan for today (here's hoping I can stick to it!)...

- green tea with smidge of honey
- PC BM bagel with natural PB and sliced banana
- tossed salad with chickpeas and cheddar
- afternoon tea with Fibre One bar
- dinner I was supposed to eat last night: Nutrigo chicken nuggets, grilled zucchini...maybe some carrots & spinach dip
- yogurt & raspberries Pin It

7 comments:

ElleBee said...

Aww sorry to hear you're feeling crappy but cheer up, DBF will be home this weekend! Yah!!

Jen said...

oh honey, that was SOOOO me yesterday as well!!! things will be MUCH better when YOUR honey gets home!!!!

I hope today is great for you and less slumpy!

Vanessa said...

I hate the "I don't care" times :(. I hope today is a little better!

Sarah said...

Oh yeah been there. You have to actually try to enjoy those days of "I Don't Care" because they're few and far between for me. Eating a big bag of McDonalds can be liberating :)

Julie said...

Been there, done that.. many times!
I love McDonald's!! Yum!
Sorry to hear you are not feeling like yourself. Hopefully you'll feel better soon.

JavaChick said...

We all have those days. Glad that you enjoyed it, now you can move on.

Angela Power said...

Awwwwwwww, poooopey that you're feeling down these days :-((( I still can't believe how much you kicked ass when you were Vegas!

It has been gloomy lately, but at least it's been kinda warm and not freezing, right!

If I can swing your b-day party/sleepover I'm there in an instant. per my post on your event wall, it's looking like I'm having a friend who's stopping over for the night that night and staying at our place. I thought it was the weekend after, but it's the 15th. Booooo. If it changes, I'll be there for sure!