Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Today will be free of candy.

It has to be. Must cleanse system of sugar. This is a test.

I seem to have picked up my stupid cold again. I guess walking around in the rain all night can do that to ya. I woke up with yucky sinuses and a pasty, dry throat. Lovely. At least it was for a good cause! Today there will be lots of vitamins and clear liquids.

So far:
- apple juice
- coffeeeeeeeeeee
- two slices of Sweet Home Alabanana loaf
- water

Next I have planned:
- Kashi Almond & Flax Crunch (1/2 serving) with 1/2 cup vanilla Almond Breeze
- cherries
- more coffeeeeeeeeeeee
- lotsa water

Late lunch:
- salad of toms, cukes & light feta marinated in 1tbsp Newman's Italian dressing, tossed with spinach
- 1/2 ww pita
- 2 tbsp roasted garlic hummus
- more water

Late afternoon:
- either more apple juice or diet Dr. Pepper if I'm feeling better

Dinner:
- BBQ turkey dogs (x2) on multigrain bread (mustard, ketchup & relish)
- baby carrots & low fat onion dip
- water

Evening Snack: NO CANDY!
- grapes
- little cubes of light cheddar
- peppermint tea before bed

I'll also be heading off to the gym at some point...potentially this evening to keep me out of snack mode. Light to moderate cardio for one hour, plus a few squats and such. Pin It

4 comments:

tash said...

I've got a cold too. I hate being sick in the summer!

Marissa said...

Yucky about the cold...hope you feel better soon!

Alli said...

Girl nothing is worse than having a cold when its summer too. I hope you will get over it quickly!!! Have you tried Celestial Seasons Wellness teas at all? That always helps my colds alot!

Angela Power said...

RYC: the unsweetened vanilla is ALWAYS out of stock! I bought some today at Planet Organic on Quinpool though! But it's $3.49 when it's not on sale. When it's on sale (which is actually quite often, it's only $2.09 which is a great deal.