Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Wacky Wednesday

Up extra early today because DBF had to be at work early. He's on duty, which means he has to stay over tonight and won't be home until after work tomorrow. On the West Coast, he still went in at his usual time on duty days, but here they have them do the turnover like an hour early. So I had to drag my arse outta bed at 6:10 this morning. Ugh.

I still made it to the gym for my full workout even though I was exhausted. And, of course, I felt great afterwards!

Today's Workout:

Treadmill: 5 min warmup, 10 min run, 3 min walk, 5 min run, 1:30 walk, 5 min run, 5 min cooldown. I'm pretty comfortable with running at 5.4 mph now...seems to be my zone. Although, at the end I pushed the last 30 seconds at 5.8, just because. :)

Full strength training routine, minus the back extensions (the big ball was MIA and the smaller ones don't work for me), so I added in my calf exercises and 3 sets of squats.

Recumb Bike: 10 mins, random, level 8 - 3 min cooldown

2.6 miles on the treadmill, 2.9 miles on the bike = 8.8 km for my personal activity challenge

The Summer Challenge is going pretty well. I have to remind myself to cram in that last servings of water usually and sometimes I forget my vitamin until I'm brushing my teeth at night. The grains, fruits, veggies and dairy are fitting in pretty much no problem though.

Today's Menu Plan (pretty much just using up whatever is on hand...no shopping this week as I'm pretty sure DBF is going to sustain himself with pizza delivery and Campbell's soup while I'm away):

pre-gym: 1/2 banana
- 1/2 serving Arthur's Very Berry Smoothie
- coffee
- 2 x fibre Eggos w/ natural PB & other 1/2 of banana
- grapes, light cheddar
- tuna salad on light rye Wasa
- baby carrots & hummus (there's maybe a tbsp left in the container)
- Source Tango yogurt w/ chopped strawberries
- WW Santa Fe Beans & Rice frozen meal, broken taco shell for dipping
- mixed greens w/ tomatoes & olive oil dressing
- Creamsicle
- maybe more grapes (I have a huge bag to get through), maybe another Source Tango (there's a whole box that expires while I'm gone)

25+maybe 2 points for grapes & yogurt tonight/22+5AP

Guidelines: managed to squeeze them all in there!
Pin It

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Great job on getting to the gym even though it was early!!