Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Pumpkin Bandwagon

With all of the recent discussion about pumpkin, I finally had to see what all the fuss was about. I have done the pumpkin thing with my hot cereal over the Winter, and I was the one that altered the banana muffin recipe to work with pumpkin, but when Mandy starting mixing it in her yogurt it all of a sudden became a Summer breakfast too!

I've just mixed 1/2 cup pure pumpkin with 1/2 cup of Liberte Svelt Vanilla organic yogurt (product review to come). So yum! No added spices or sweetners for me. I like it just as is. Pure & Simple. I am eating it with a bagel, so not sure about the filling factor...but all together it's a good morning meal.

I've portioned off the rest of the can of pumpkin and plan to make muffins later in the week and/or maybe some scones....I know I have a WW friendly scone recipe around somewhere. We'll see.

Today's eats as planned:

- Arthur's Very Berry Smoothie
- coffeeeeeeeeeee
- yogurt & pumpkin
- PC BM multigrain & flax bagel w/ natural PB
- strawberries
- salad with lots of chopped veggies, chickpeas & cheese
- Kashi bar
- dinner: haddock w/ buttery sun-dried tomato sauce (a la Rachel Ray), smashed taters, steamed fiddleheads
- some treaties while watching the boob-tube (Mike n Ikes?)

Activity:

- Heading to the gym after work, before dinner. Cardio to the best of my wheezing ability. Probably 20 mins treadmill, 20 mins elliptical, 20 mins bike. Maybe rowing machine. Calf exercises.

4:30pm: ooooops....there may have been a bowl of Bridge Mix in there. It called my name out loud, I swear!

Pin It

No comments: