Saturday, April 19, 2008

Saturday!

And there you have it. Wake up on the right side of the bed, with a plan in my head, and it's a piece of cake. Why can't every day be this easy?!

Last night I completely cleaned our fridge, freezer and pantry. I tossed out boxes of stale cereal & crackers, cleared out anything past it's prime, cleaned out boxes with hardly anything in them. I found some pumpkin bran muffins that I thawed for evening snacks and a frozen juice I bought a while back and totally forgot about. When I was done, I felt accomplished. It was truly cathartic.

Then after I cleaned my office and tidied my desk, I made a list of everything in the freezer and started on my weekly meal plan. As I mentioned before, my goal for this week is to eat up leftovers and whatever is already on hand...then next week I can start fresh with my fish and seafood plans. I have planned through Tuesday, at which point I'll need to re-evaluate and see what fresh produce or recipe ingredients I might need to pick up to get me through the rest of the week. I love the organization of it all!

This morning I slept a little late (thanks Mojo!) but got up and set right into my plans for the day. Grabbed all of my clean gym gear and my 1/2 banana and off I went.

I decided to keep the cardio portion shorter than I have been on Saturdays because it's sooooo bloody nice outside I knew I'd be going for a walk with the dog. So I stuck with my C25K on the treadmill and opted to skip my elliptical for today. I did OK on the C25K....today was supposed to be a straight 20 minute run, but I couldn't do it...I made it for 10 minutes, then a 3 minute recovery, and finished with a 7 minute run. Not bad, but not great either. I did work up a serious sweat though so I'm not really complaining. No matter how good my running gets, I have poor lung capacity and that may just keep me from ever really being able to go for long periods of time. Only time will tell. I still did my 3 full sets of strength training...in fact, I added in 3 sets of ball squats just because...and finished my workout with a 10 minute ride on the bike.

After getting cleaned up at the gym, I stopped at Starbucks for my weekend latte and sat in the sun reading my new Rachel Ray magazine. Then I headed home for my brunch of 2 Eggos topped with chopped banana and vanilla Source yogurt....so yum!!!

Then I grabbed Mojo, a supply of baggies, an extra big bottle of water and his dish....loaded him into the car and drove up the road to the BLT Trail. We had a fabulous 4km walk in the sun and it was awesome. Read more here.

Now we are home and I puttered in the yard a tiny bit....pulled out some dead stuff, cleaned up a bit of garbage that had blown in, enjoyed the sun. I made a snack of chopped oranges and strawberries, and ate up some sesame rice crackers with light Laughing Cow. I put some eggs on to boil (I noticed last night that they are getting near their end date) to keep in the fridge for snacks, then had a glorious shower. :)

Tonight I'm making a huge-ass spinach salad with veggies, cheese, chopped eggs & ff ranch dressing. I'll top it with some frozen shrimp that I'll sautee up in some olive oil and dried herbs & lemon. Drool. After dinner Í have to get my filing cabinets sorted out...finally! And then start on the giant task of sorting my receipts and stuff for my taxes (stupid procrastination has struck again).

I have a bit of mail here so I might have one more short walk up the block this evening to mail it before I forget. I think without Mr. Mojo though as my arm could use the rest. After that I have a couple of movies...and have planned some tea, a muffin, and another of those yummy little Source Tango yogurts.

Today's Eats = 22/22+6AP (I'm not eating my APs today to help counteract yesterday...)

Activity = gym (4), walk (2) = 6AP

Water = 3 litres...no problem when the sun is shining! Pin It

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, you sound so upbeat! I wish my posts were as interesting as yours, haha. I had to work today so I didn't get to enjoy the weather much. However, I did make it to the gym this morning so I felt a lot less groggy at work and less pissed off about not being able to enjoy the weather.

What movies are you gonna watch? :) I watched Enchanted last night and it was SO super cute.

Jen said...

I can't even get over how organized you are!!!! I totally need to go through my pantries and everything...it's horrible how much crap I have in there!!!

Good luck getting everything done tonight!!!!

healthy ashley said...

Your Saturday sounds awesome! Enviable!

JavaChick said...

Wow. Cleaning out the kitchen and your desk...Two things I definitely need to do but keep putting off. If you feel like doing more cleaning/organizing, feel free to stop by. ;)